Surly touring frame

Old October 16th 04, 09:02 PM
flyingdutch

Default Surly touring frame

hippy Wrote:

Probably the "Long Haul Trucker":
http://www.surlybikes.com/longhaul.html

Have you seen their proto snow bike, Pugsley?

hippy

LHT. that's the one. looks alot nicer in the flesh th

--
flyingdutch

Old October 16th 04, 11:22 PM
DJ

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

hippy Wrote:

Probably the "Long Haul Trucker":
http://www.surlybikes.com/longhaul.html

Have you seen their proto snow bike, Pugsley?

hippy

LHT. that's the one. looks alot nicer in the flesh tho

--
flyingdutch

If you're after a tourer, have a look at a FUJI TOURING bike. They are
available in Australia and they cost around $1,600 with tiagra set-up at the
front and Deore at the back. Not the highest set-up but should do the job
very well.

I bought mine 2 months ago now and I'm very happy though I haven't done any
touring yet, I prefer to ride this much more than my mtb.

Touring bikes are quite expensive whichever brand you choose, and it took me
about 8 months to decide which one will be the best value for me. I compared
and compared many times over and Fuji touring won the comparison overall
from the Trek 520, Mongoose Ranndoneur, Cannondale and a few other Hybrid
types I looked at .Oh yeah, fuji also has 2 spoke holders on the left
chainstay, spare spokes included.

Cheeky Monkey Cycles in Sydney has them for sale as that's where I bought
mine , I don't know who else sells the Fuji Touring bike.
contact: as they are the distributors they'll be
able to tell you where in your area you can look/buy one.

Regards
DJ

Old October 17th 04, 11:56 PM
rayc

I see that Brunswick street cycles have one on the floor. They seem to
have more and more variety of stuff everyday.