(OT) Damn New Neighbor

Old November 25th 05, 03:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc

Default (OT) Damn New Neighbor

JohnH wrote:
Zilla wrote:
Is this for real, with synchronized sounds from TSO?

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

You mean that ISN'T my new neighbor's house?!? I knew I shouldn't have
eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...

Hallucinasorni

Old November 25th 05, 03:58 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc

eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...

A response to this is best left to the pros. I'll let Shaun handle this
one...

Old November 25th 05, 04:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc

JohnH wrote:
eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...

A response to this is best left to the pros. I'll let Shaun handle
this one...

Believe me, I was aware. At first I said 13-, then 11-, but my "pervdar"
hoped 7 would be safe.

Bill "let's move on" S.

Old November 25th 05, 04:25 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc

"Bill Sornson" wrote: "Testimate"??? Is that, like, a ballsy buddy? Guess
as to scrotum size/weight? Over-sensitive significant other?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It could also refer to the approximate expected results from the lab.

Old November 25th 05, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Veloise wrote:
jcjordan wrote:

Sounds like loberthal in South Australia. same thing with bus tours and
absolute gridlock of cars. AGL the local electricitc suppler sponsors
the event and anyone registered gets a discount off their bill. Had a
friend who lived in the area but thought the whole thing was a croc and
did not participate and was visited by members of the council who
berated him for not joining in the towns event and that maybe he would
be better off in another town.

You got inflatable yard ornaments down under? Of course you do (as sad
and sorry as those things look in winter weather, retailers wouldn't
miss the opportunity to peddle more of them).

Your pal should have picked up the Grinch one. No lights tinsel
glittering UFOs in the trees plastic carolers wreaths. Just the Grinch.

A giant grinch with lighted flames coming out of his mouth that reaches
over and rocks the tour buses as they pass by.

HTH

--Karen D.
heard about someone asked to take their DIY display down due to
traffic, so that's what they put up

Old November 25th 05, 04:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc

"JohnH" wrote: Ha ha - it sure was! That Leo is pretty amazing! Almost
godlike himself!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks, John. It's nice to be appreciated. But, isn't it amazing how much
meaning can be compressed into the word "almost?"

Old November 25th 05, 04:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc

Thanks, John. It's nice to be appreciated. But, isn't it amazing
how much meaning can be compressed into the word "almost?"

It's almost amazing.

Old November 25th 05, 07:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

25 Nov 2005 06:02:28 -0800,
.com, "Veloise"
wrote, in part:

"Dave on the Roof" is a story told by CBC's Stuart McLean on The Vinyl
Cafe Christmas Concert CD.

Ooohh, Stuart McLean.

Before evacuating metro Detroit I went to a live Vinyl Cafe performance
in Windsor. SM is quite the storyteller, plus he looks nice in pants.

That's the beauty of radio. I've always pictured him in a kilt.
--
zk
Old November 26th 05, 02:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc

In rec.bicycles.misc Ken M wrote:

Don't move, just kill the new neighbor!

The late George Gobel lived across the street from (memory fuzzy here)
either Stan Laurel or Lou Costello. The neighbor in question used to put
up a monumental Crass-Mess light display, which "Lonesome George" could
not or would not try to equal. This being Hollywood, hordes of
rubberneckers would always tour the stars' neighborhoods to look at their
lights. Gobel dealt with the situation by putting up a sign in his front
yard, illuminated by a single bulb. The sign said, "Merry Christmas.
Please see our light display across the street."

Bill

__o | Look to the past and remember no empire rises
_`\(,_ | that sooner or later won?t fall.
(_)/ (_) | --Al Stewart
Old November 26th 05, 08:20 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc

"Bill Sornson" wrote:

JohnH wrote:
Zilla wrote:
Is this for real, with synchronized sounds from TSO?

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

Wow... I have to believe it's for real - the way the lights light up
the house and make it hard to believe that it's a photoshop job (in
which case the video quality would probably be better, too).

Besides, I suspect it might take less time to actually wire up that
mess than to photoshop the video convincingly.

BTW, I saw a TSO Christmas concert once in Las Vegas (my one and only
trip to that town, I'd suspect). Outstanding show for both the
heathen and believers among us - don't miss it if you get the chance
to see it.

You mean that ISN'T my new neighbor's house?!? I knew I shouldn't have
eaten that 7-year-old fruitcake...

Hallucinasorni

Watch the eggnog too - it can be downright deadly.

Mark "coulda sworn I saw a fat guy in a flying sleigh" Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame