Beware of PowerCranks

Old May 26th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech

Default Beware of PowerCranks

They are great in theory only. Not ony don't they work, but the crank
arms come off, making for a very DANGEROUS ride. You can try sending
them back several times, but they won't repair them correctly and
you'll get the same junk sent back. Stick with one-legged drills and
save yourself about a grand.

Old May 26th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Eggs Ackley

On May 25, 10:29 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
wrote:

A *grand*?!? Anyone that dumb deserves a little grief...

Boy, I'll say. I've got an Ava stem I'd like to sell this guy. Only
500 bucks! Contact me offline.

Old May 26th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Fritz

wrote:

A *grand*?!? Anyone that dumb deserves a little grief...

Boy, I'll say. I've got an Ava stem I'd like to sell this guy. Only
500 bucks! Contact me offline.

If you pair those PowerCranks with Sheldon Brown's PowerWheels you
will have a very, very fast bike!
Old May 26th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
B. Lafferty[_2_]

ups.com...
wrote:

A *grand*?!? Anyone that dumb deserves a little grief...

Boy, I'll say. I've got an Ava stem I'd like to sell this guy. Only
500 bucks! Contact me offline.

I have some wonderful AVA rims I can sell. Built up well, you should get
maybe 200 miles before the spoke holes start to crack.

Old May 26th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Hank Wirtz

On May 26, 7:34 am, Fritz wrote:

If you pair those PowerCranks with Sheldon Brown's PowerWheels you
will have a very, very fast bike!

That's "POWerwheels." Get it right.

Old May 27th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Ride Faster

I had the same experience with PowerCranks. This product is garbage.

Old May 28th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech

It's really outrageous for them Powercrank to charge so much for a
faulty design.

Old May 28th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article .com,
" wrote:

On May 27, 2:12 pm, Ride Faster wrote:
I had the same experience with PowerCranks. This product is
garbage.

It's really outrageous for them Powercrank to charge so much for a
faulty design.

The proprietor of PowerCranks used to post here to rebut criticisms, but
I haven't seen anything from him for a while. Basically I suspect that
the price is high because (1) he promises that his product will make you
faster for which competitive people will pay lots of money and (2) his
business is small enough that he doesn't get much by way of economies of
scale to bring his production costs down.

Beware of PowerCranks [email protected] Racing 205 August 4th 07 07:23 PM
Beware of PowerCranks [email protected] Techniques 202 August 4th 07 07:23 PM
FS: POwerCranks- Mike Marketplace 0 December 24th 05 05:52 AM
FS: Powercranks steve Marketplace 0 December 19th 05 05:53 AM
POWERCRANKS Marketplace 0 January 20th 04 02:33 AM