Performance Bikes

Old June 27th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66

Default Performance Bikes

There is a new Performance store moving in right across the freeway from
my office. Should I be happy?
Old June 27th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

catzz66 wrote:
:: There is a new Performance store moving in right across the freeway
:: from my office. Should I be happy?

Do you order a lot of things from them?

I would not mind having one near me.....I'm not certain they are better than
a LBS for buying/caring for a bike, though.

Old June 27th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66

Roger Zoul wrote:
catzz66 wrote:
:: There is a new Performance store moving in right across the freeway
:: from my office. Should I be happy?

Do you order a lot of things from them?

Not lately. The best equipped LBS is 10 miles from me. REI is about 7
miles away. There's a great little shop about 3 miles from me where I
take repairs I can't do or don't have time to do myself. Went in there
last week looking for a couple of 700 X 23C presta tubes and they were
out. They are nice folks, so I came back again on the weekend and
picked them up. I probably won't change the way I do things very much.
Old June 27th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

"catzz66" wrote in message

There is a new Performance store moving in right across the freeway from
my office. Should I be happy?

Is it replacing a strip club?

Old June 27th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ron Hardin

catzz66 wrote:

There is a new Performance store moving in right across the freeway from
my office. Should I be happy?

I throw out their catalogs without looking at them. Everything overpriced.

--
Ron Hardin

Old June 27th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Ron Hardin wrote:
catzz66 wrote:

There is a new Performance store moving in right across the freeway from
my office. Should I be happy?

I throw out their catalogs without looking at them. Everything overpriced.

It's not so much overpriced as they just don't carry anything I want
usually. They're very oriented to the weekend cyclist. A lot of the
gear and bits and bobs I want, they just don't carry.

--
Dane Buson -
It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept
Old June 28th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

Ron Hardin wrote:
catzz66 wrote:

There is a new Performance store moving in right across the freeway
from my office. Should I be happy?

I throw out their catalogs without looking at them. Everything
overpriced.

Ridiculous on two counts: A) They have true "mail order" prices, with many
sale items; and B) OP asked about their brick and mortar stores, which price
match any item from any valid source.

I'm no huge PBS fan (just canceled my Team membership after 4-5 years), but
they do have lots of good deals on lots of products.

Old June 27th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
gds

On Jun 27, 10:15 am, catzz66 wrote:
There is a new Performance store moving in right across the freeway from
my office. Should I be happy?

My experience is positive. I have not found them to be a good source
of mechanical expertise.
However, they are great for commodity items. Last month I bought 50
tubes for $100 deals like this are not uncommon.

You could always get the deal on line but the store will match any of
thier on line prices and sometimes it is nice to just go in and pick
it up.

Old June 27th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

gds wrote:
:: On Jun 27, 10:15 am, catzz66 wrote:
::: There is a new Performance store moving in right across the freeway
::: from my office. Should I be happy?
::
:: My experience is positive. I have not found them to be a good source
:: of mechanical expertise.
:: However, they are great for commodity items. Last month I bought 50
:: tubes for $100 deals like this are not uncommon.
::
:: You could always get the deal on line but the store will match any of
:: thier on line prices and sometimes it is nice to just go in and pick
:: it up.

Plus, they have a 100% guarantee, so if it doesn't work a few months out,
you can return it.

Old June 27th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ben Pfaff

catzz66 writes:

There is a new Performance store moving in right across the freeway
from my office. Should I be happy?

The store near me doesn't have much in the way of mechanics--I've
heard them refer customers to another one of their stores in the
area for service--but it's a fine place to buy parts, etc.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org