Back foot pedal grabs ?

Old November 30th 07, 08:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
padst3r

Default Back foot pedal grabs ?

I am learning pedal grabs at the moment but i have to do them with my
back foot on the object.This is because my preferred jumping is to the
left with my right foot forward.I have heard it is easier to do them
with your front foot but that would mean i would be doing switch.

Do any of you guys do them with your left foot back?

What do you think i should do ?

And yes i have used the search function but i couldnt find much helpful
info.

--
padst3r

'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
'My Bebo' (http://www.padst3r.bebo.com)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 30th 07, 08:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

I'm just getting good at crank grabs now, but I do find that I mostly do
them with my left foot back. I find it pretty easy that way just
because I have the uni more in front when I'm in SIF mode.

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

And get 'LOST' (www.lost.eu/69d9c).
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 30th 07, 09:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

Doesnt matter.

I do it to my backfoot too. Its all personal preference.

Fabian Mark and Joe Hodges both do it to their backfoot.... well...
they dont need pedalgrabs but if they would do them haha

--
Smilymarco

'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com)

Lesen - Denken - Posten
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 30th 07, 09:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ezraaspland

Hey man,
Yeah I had the same problem it seems not many people jump left foot
back to the left hold handle in right hand. But i do. And pedal grabs
are now easy. The trick is (in my opinion) to do them sif, I pressume
you mean pedal grab to tire! And if you don't seat in front is a good
practice to learn for doing pedal grabs or any trials riding for that
matter.

--
ezraaspland

Check my 1 year of riding 'vid!'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3sANGtaN08)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 30th 07, 10:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

I think this style of unicycling should be called goofy or
something....

Anyway yes, personal preferance, dosn't matter... Left foot back is
better in my opinion, apparently makes it easier to do grinds for some
reason, good for me because I'm a left foot back rider and love
grinding.

--
unicycledood
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 30th 07, 10:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

Why do you guys always wanna name something...
its just not necessary.

For naming something like that you would have to make 4 styles...

left/right hand
and
right/left foot in front (or back)

its just useless.

Old November 30th 07, 11:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aydan_evans

I jump to the right (left hand) and with my right foot back.

I found it easiest to land pedal grab and then pull it around so that
my right foot was forward. I found this a much more comfortable spot. I
then jump and do a half rotation and land right foot back again. I like
this because when your pedals get to vertical you are already only a
couple of inches away from landing it. You then only have to do a
little jump and rotate your pedals the last ninety degrees. I have
tried all of the combinations of pedal grabs I could think of and this
one worked the best for me. I found it alot more controlled and
accurate than any other way.

When I grind though I grind normally, I jump to the right and land
right foot back.

--
aydan_evans
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 30th 07, 11:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Why not just lBR. Left hand back right hand. Just use that system
instead of typing it out. So I am LFR.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 30th 07, 11:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

I forgot something ...

Left/right hand
Left/right foot (in front)
Left/right side to jump to

Well Im a Left/Left/Right unicyclist. (sounds stupid huh? )

Old December 3rd 07, 08:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

On Nov 30, 3:02 am, padst3r
m wrote:
I am learning pedal grabs at the moment but i have to do them with my
back foot on the object.This is because my preferred jumping is to the
left with my right foot forward.I have heard it is easier to do them
with your front foot but that would mean i would be doing switch.

Do any of you guys do them with your left foot back?

What do you think i should do ?

And yes i have used the search function but i couldnt find much helpful
info.

--
padst3r

'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
'My Bebo' (http://www.padst3r.bebo.com)
http://www.usenet.com

Hey, I have the same problem, I've gotten used to it, so it is
possible, but grinding is far more difficult...

Pedal grab with front foot or back foot? skate4flip Unicycling 24 April 10th 06 03:29 AM
pedal grabs? unifiend454 Unicycling 10 February 22nd 06 09:29 PM
Pedal grab with front foot or back foot? skate4flip Unicycling 0 January 17th 06 04:00 AM
help with pedal grabs THE Uniac Unicycling 0 February 2nd 05 03:04 AM
Pedal Grabs vs. Crank Grabs sabin_a. Unicycling 3 September 25th 03 01:58 AM