disc brakes on front, v-brakes on rear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 20th 03, 08:13 PM
Per Elmsäter

Default disc brakes on front, v-brakes on rear

Paul R wrote:
Has anyone tried this? Does it work for you?

I don't want to add lugs for rear disc brakes to my frame, so I would
only consider using discs on the front.

I imagine it should be fine, as most of the braking power comes from
the front anyway. The rear brake does not need as much modulation or
power as the front.

Any comments?

Paul

Sheldon Brown would agree with you.
Personally I like the rear disc brake when going down steep decents though.

--
Perre