Mountain Bikers bacame a little more environmentally friendly

Old September 2nd 08, 05:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
caveat

Default Mountain Bikers bacame a little more environmentally friendly

Mike, I was out with the family today riding some mountain bikes, well, we
actually did more hiking than biking.
We stopped to view different animals, birds and plants and take pictures,
LOTs of pictures.
It was at Diamond Point in Arizona. An easy to slightly moderate trail for
kids.
The kids had fun ridding/hiking and identifying those said plants and
animals, we even had a close encounter with a rattle snake.
To my surprise, when we emptied our packs back at home I found that the kids
were actually picking up some of the trash that they found on the trails.
It makes me proud to know that the kids are taking an active interest in
helping to maintain the environment and learning to respect nature.

Old September 3rd 08, 01:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 21:49:07 -0700, "caveat"
wrote:

Mike, I was out with the family today riding some mountain bikes, well, we
actually did more hiking than biking.
We stopped to view different animals, birds and plants and take pictures,
LOTs of pictures.
It was at Diamond Point in Arizona. An easy to slightly moderate trail for
kids.
The kids had fun ridding/hiking and identifying those said plants and
animals, we even had a close encounter with a rattle snake.
To my surprise, when we emptied our packs back at home I found that the kids
were actually picking up some of the trash that they found on the trails.
It makes me proud to know that the kids are taking an active interest in
helping to maintain the environment and learning to respect nature.

Good. But too bad that you are teaching them that the rough treatment
of nature is okay. That is what mountain biking is!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old September 3rd 08, 01:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Yukiko

On Sep 2, 8:16*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 21:49:07 -0700, "caveat"
wrote:

Mike, please don't post from work or use their address for letters to
the editor. Thanks.

Old September 3rd 08, 06:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
J.D. Baldwin

In the previous article, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Good. But too bad that you are teaching them that the rough treatment
of nature is okay. That is what mountain biking is!

Don't let the people in New Orleans or Jamaica hear about all this rough
treatment of nature!
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If anyone disagrees with any statement I make, I
_|70|___=}- J.D. Baldwin |am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also
Old September 4th 08, 01:27 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

wrote:

[...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySFKBlj8VqQ Are these guys friends
of yours? You admitted being a MTBer.