Little biking accident

Old May 21st 04, 09:15 AM
Badger_South

Default Little biking accident

Funny story:

My brother reported a little accident this morning.

He was riding his usual 12 mile loop and got this 'perfect turnaround, with
awesome centrifugal body rush at the 11 mile mark'.

So, he says "I did the turn again".

Oh-oh.

He skidded out having picked up some moisture - nice day for riding,
though, mist of rain at 830am.

o he's missing a little divot of skin at the end of his thumb
o bruise on his shin - didnt' realize it at first but touched it and
screamed like "Wesley Windom Price" - no witnesses, though. ;-)

Later we're IMing and he says 'durn - bruise on calf'.

Then later 'dang! bruise on thigh and sore slightly skinned elbow/forearm'.

The funny thing is he's Mr Athletic, frisbee catcher, can jump like 3 feet
in the air, and run up and down the ladder like a stairway when he's doing
gutters (Owns a siding biz.), and can manhandle the brake (80lb unwieldy
aluminum bending thing) like it's nothing.

He comes back on: "I'm such a dork - think I bit off a little piece of my
tongue, too". We laugh.

I said 'well, bro, if you'da worn those big athletic socks and gotten those
full finger biking gloves, like I toldja, you'd be fine' (I worry that mom
is gonna give me hell if he gets hurt - "SEE what you did to your Brother!"
- so I over protect and fret)

I pause 'uh, on the other hand if it had been me, I'da had a pinecone
embedded in my forehead and had to go to the ER'.

(I'm Mr dufus tripping over a crack in the floor and throwing an entire
bushel of apples into the air, like the Matrix, and diving for the frisbee
and landing on my stomach on the beach, missed it and look up and see two
babes in bikinis laughing).

Fortunately the bike is fine, put handle bars trim, plumb and level, and
the transistor radio and little speaker he has duct taped to the wicker
basket in the front of his mtn bike - a Ross - is just peachy.

But the guy has only been back to biking for 27 days out of the last 54,
and already he's getting 15miles in 58:30! He's only 5'6", and 150lbs, but
two years ago he was 184. I coached him via IM to losing 30lbs, and he took
up biking in March. Has already ridden 20 miles. We're doing the CBBT in
October to celebrate me turning 54

We'll do a tune up ride at Seashore Park in Va beach, in July like 24 miles
in sandy hard pack.

See, I'm the trainer guy, lifting running biking martial arts, but he's
already better than I am in the bike comeback and I've been going since
last August. He's got the smaller size, and is 5 years younger, and works a
physical job (and bikes on the side), but I'm retired and focus on training
as much as I want, riding two a days and stuff. I'm really proud of him.

Oh well, you had to be there.

One more thing. He picked himself up after the spill, but was so mad at
himself that he did another loop, logging three more miles. (it's a
tradition - we both do that if we get cut off by cars or dogs). What a
trouper. ;-

Don't tell 'im I bragged on the guy. He's shy. ;-p

-B

(I swear, he looks exactly like a better looking version of Chuck Norris,
btw, same bodybuild, same facial features.)

Old May 21st 04, 09:38 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

o he's missing a little divot of skin at the end of his thumb
o bruise on his shin - didnt' realize it at first but touched it and
screamed like "Wesley Windom Price" - no witnesses, though. ;-)

Later we're IMing and he says 'durn - bruise on calf'.

Then later 'dang! bruise on thigh and sore slightly skinned elbow/forearm'.

Well, now he can call himself a Real Cyclist [TM] and he can wear one of these
with pride :-

http://www.primalwear.com/2004site/2...EYS/OTBSC.html

or one of these:-

http://www.primalwear.com/2004site/2...RTS/OTBSC.html

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 21st 04, 03:42 PM
Claire Petersky

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...

Well, now he can call himself a Real Cyclist [TM] and he can wear one of

these
with pride :-

http://www.primalwear.com/2004site/2...EYS/OTBSC.html

or one of these:-

http://www.primalwear.com/2004site/2...RTS/OTBSC.html

Oddly, these are only in men's sizes.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Old May 21st 04, 03:49 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Oddly, these are only in men's sizes.

Could be they understand that we women cyclists are waaaaay too good to be
doing silly things on our bikes. At least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to
it ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 21st 04, 04:08 PM
Badger_South

On Fri, 21 May 2004 14:42:54 GMT, "Claire Petersky"
wrote:

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...

Well, now he can call himself a Real Cyclist [TM] and he can wear one of

these
with pride :-

http://www.primalwear.com/2004site/2...EYS/OTBSC.html

or one of these:-

http://www.primalwear.com/2004site/2...RTS/OTBSC.html

Oddly, these are only in men's sizes.

Grrl stuff?:

http://65.222.171.32/midas/btb_produ...f4283ce3cb656c

Old May 21st 04, 04:09 PM
Frank Krygowski

Well, now he can call himself a Real Cyclist [TM] and he can wear one of these
with pride :-

http://www.primalwear.com/2004site/2...EYS/OTBSC.html

Um... yeah, that's what bicycling is all about. :-\

replace with cc.ysu dot edu]

Old May 21st 04, 04:56 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Grrl stuff?:

I took Claire's meaning that it's the OTBSC stuff that is in men's sizing.
Primal Wear do some most excellent women's stuff, but the OTBSC stuff is only
in men's sizing.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 21st 04, 09:17 PM
Doug Huffman

'bicycling'? Or BUY-cycling? I think the latter.

Old May 21st 04, 09:23 PM
Karen M.

Helen (Wheels) wrote:
Could be they understand that we women cyclists are waaaaay too good to be
doing silly things on our bikes. At least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to
it ;-)

She's right!

--Karen M.
Old May 21st 04, 09:28 PM
Badger_South

On Fri, 21 May 2004 16:17:08 -0400, "Doug Huffman"
wrote:

'bicycling'? Or BUY-cycling? I think the latter.

Hey the grrls ganged up on Frank completely by accident and from the bottom
of the pile, he's being self-deprecatingly funny as ****e!

-B