Bus driver assaulted by cyclist in Brisbane

Old May 19th 05, 03:24 AM

Default Bus driver assaulted by cyclist in Brisbane

This is from the local Brisbane Quest newspaper Westside News. I had to
share it.

------
Cyclist Search
POLICE want to question a male cyclist after a bus driver was assaulted
at Indooroopilly at 8:15am on May 9. Senior Sergeant Corey Allen said
the cyclist got on to the bus at Lambert Rd, punching the driver in the
face and verbally abusing him. The man was described as in his 30s,
182cm, Caucasian, with black, curly hair. He wore a multi-coloured bike
helmet and rode a dark blue or black mountain bike with light brown
saddle bags.
------

I wonder what the bus driver did to provoke that sort of reaction.
Pretty dumb thing to do though.

Bruce.

Old May 19th 05, 08:52 AM
Richard Sherratt

On Thu, 19 May 2005 12:40:34 +1000, Tamyka Bell
wrote:

snip

After a few complaints in my area of Brisbane (only one of those
complaints made by me) the bus drivers have recently been awesome,
giving way, heaps of room, etc. Shame it's apparently not uniform.

I was riding round the Burnley Blvd (aka GE car park with scenic drive
road signs) yesterday with Rod. Approaching Melbourne Girls' College,
noise from behind, so we went single file, but still outside the door
zone (GE employees are exempt from all laws that require a check
before opening a door). Nobody overtakes. Hmm? Check behind and it's a
bus. OK. Get to the next straight stretch and the bus pulls out onto
the other side of the road and overtakes. Well done, mate :-)

Gave him a thank-you wave.

--
Regards.
Richard.
Old May 19th 05, 10:38 AM
SteveA

Richard Sherratt Wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2005 12:40:34 +1000, Tamyka Bell
wrote

snip

After a few complaints in my area of Brisbane (only one of thos
complaints made by me) the bus drivers have recently been awesome
giving way, heaps of room, etc. Shame it's apparently not uniform

I was riding round the Burnley Blvd (aka GE car park with scenic driv
road signs) yesterday with Rod. Approaching Melbourne Girls' College
noise from behind, so we went single file, but still outside the doo
zone (GE employees are exempt from all laws that require a chec
before opening a door). Nobody overtakes. Hmm? Check behind and it's
bus. OK. Get to the next straight stretch and the bus pulls out ont
the other side of the road and overtakes. Well done, mate :-

Gave him a thank-you wave

-
Regards
Richard.

And a good bus story from Perth last night. Riding home in the dar
with rain ****ing down. Going through some narrow streets with traffi
calming roundabouts and chicanes in them. Bus sitting on my tail but a
a respectable distance. When we got to a wider bit of road, there was
reasonable distance to the next parked car and I got over next to th
gutter to let the bus through. I slowed so he could get around befor
I got to the parked car. The driver gave me a wave of thanks. An
when he went past, he swung wide enough around the parked car that
could have had enough room too

Steve

--
SteveA

Old May 20th 05, 08:40 AM
dave

wrote:

snip

After a few complaints in my area of Brisbane (only one of those
complaints made by me) the bus drivers have recently been awesome,
giving way, heaps of room, etc. Shame it's apparently not uniform.

I was riding round the Burnley Blvd (aka GE car park with scenic drive
road signs) yesterday with Rod. Approaching Melbourne Girls' College,
noise from behind, so we went single file, but still outside the door
zone (GE employees are exempt from all laws that require a check
before opening a door). Nobody overtakes. Hmm? Check behind and it's a
bus. OK. Get to the next straight stretch and the bus pulls out onto
the other side of the road and overtakes. Well done, mate :-)

Gave him a thank-you wave.

Sooooo not a Driver bus lines bus then