The Sam can unicycle thread

Old August 5th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

Default The Sam can unicycle thread

I don't start many threads any more so I thought I would unashamedly
create this thread to celebrate that in Unicon this week my son Sam
(aged 9) eventually learned to unicycle without hanging on to my arm.

This great guy from Hamburg (who I never learned the name of) said that
it was very difficult for parents to teach thier children to ride and
that children learn much quicker when their parents aren't in the room.
I snuck back 10 mins later and there was Sam unicycling around the
room!

We were all over the moon and Sam is (at last!) enthusiastic about
unicycling.

Way to go Sam! and thanks very much to the guy from Hamburg.

--
cathwood

Cathy
Old August 5th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

congratulations sam!!!

i agree with the Hamburg fellow, even myself at this age find it
difficult to work under parents (they own an icecream shop) i guess it
is just because they are parents and one is used to argueing and/or not
nessecarily believing what they say, thinking he/she knows better.

Is he going to ride distance? or is he interetested in one of those
wacky styles all the young kids are doing these days? ha

--
tobbogonist

Top half: purple yowie
Bottom half: garden rake

leave that lying around.
Old August 5th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
warlord14

Congratulations Sam.

--
warlord14

"it's better to be an open sinner than a false saint"
Old August 5th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

Not believing in learning to walk before you can run, he wants to be
able to wheel walk

--
cathwood

Cathy
Old August 5th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

cathwood wrote:
Not believing in learning to walk before you can run, he wants to be
able to wheel walk

At his age, I'm sure that won't take long! There were a couple of
unicyclists at the local Derby juggling club that learned to wheel walk
over several months. One of the kids there that had just learned
watched them one evening, asked how it was done, and said he was going
to learn that too. So the next week he came along and wheel walked! I
think it is because at that age they don't ask if something is
difficult; so they just assume they should be able to do it. And if no
one tells them different, they do!

Congrats to Sam! That must be almost everything on the circus skills
list that he can do now, isn't it? Or is sword swallowing still to
come yet?

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old August 5th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

cathwood wrote:
Not believing in learning to walk before you can run, he wants to be
able to wheel walk

he will be wheel running by christmas.

--
tobbogonist

Back before Genesis and the story of creation, back before Adam and Eve
and even back before Ben Bruce.
Old August 5th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adjuggler

tobbogonist wrote:
he will be wheel running by christmas.

Yes indeed good job, and by next Spring full speed coasting while
holding onto cars

--
adjuggler

----------David---------
_661 (\"sixsixone.com\")_
'(Youtube
Page)'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/ADJuggler)
'(Vimeo)'
(http://www.vimeo.com/adjuggler)
Old August 6th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

whoo- hoo

--
legtod2

Terry Fox & Trish Crandall...
my inspiration in life.
Old August 6th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mr_charm

Congratulations Sam! May your days be filled with the power of one!

--
mr_charm

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" 'William
Shakespeare' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
Old August 6th 08, 09:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
norry

That's really good news Cathy, I'm pleased for you both. Sam's a cool
little guy.

--
norry

*YouTube [ 'Videos Here' (http://uk.youtube.com/11norry11) ]*