Poll: How long have you been riding

Old December 22nd 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Default Poll: How long have you been riding

Well, mine has been an off/on situation for the last 5yrs.

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

*'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)*
Old December 22nd 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ergolicious

2 months ( I make progress really fast though)

--
Ergolicious

aka Ergo
Old December 22nd 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

Hazmat;1154940 wrote:
Well, mine has been an off/on situation for the last 5yrs.

I've been riding off and on for about two years and I've very recently
got really into it.

--
Michaelgoround
Old December 22nd 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Started in 1966. Quit after about a year. Started up again in 2006. So I
guess about 4+ years total. Seems like so much longer, lol!

--
MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old December 22nd 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1wheelwonder

1 year, I haven't progressed much, but my new years resolution is to
become a better freestyle unicyclist!

--
1wheelwonder

I got my new nimbus freestyle, and it's like learning to wheel walk all
over again!
Old December 22nd 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unigurd

i'm in the 1- 2 years category, but i have only been member of this
forum in 1- 2 months

--
Unigurd

Old December 22nd 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kevinalexandersmith

I first learned in 1986 but I hit the 15-20 by mistake on the poll.

edit: I also hit a poll once by mistake on my uni

--
kevinalexandersmith

http://www.youtube.com/user/KevinAlexanderSmith
Old December 22nd 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Buretto

Received a 20" uni as a Christmas present when I was 8 or 9 (1990-1991),
give or take a few years. Tried it, thought, "This is nuts. My aunt is
crazy if she thinks I can learn this." Four years ago my older brother
pulled that same uni out of the garage an mastered it pretty quickly.
Naturally, I could not let him outdo me and be the only unicyclist in
the family. So I was determined to learn, and learned on a combo of that
old uni and his new 26". Then our dad decided to learn since he could
not let his sons outdo him on the unis (naturally). Between us there are
now 6 unis.

--
Buretto
Old December 22nd 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

It'll be 3 yrs for me on Easter.

1wheelwonder;1155012 wrote:
1 year, I haven't progressed much, but my new years resolution is to
become a better freestyle unicyclist!

It's best to be specific. Eg. be able to glide for 10+ m, backwards ww
for 10+ m, etc.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old December 22nd 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

Not quite 2 years yet.

--
nimblelight