What the person of the year thinks of bike lanes

Old January 5th 11, 04:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default What the person of the year thinks of bike lanes

Seriously, this is outside of the house of the local yuppie that won
"person of the year" in our progressive pocket of reason within the
armpit of the south:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5247/...9c4b086c_b.jpg

An anomaly? Not at all, nearly every time I pass her house, there's an
SUV blocking the sidewalk or the bike lane. This summer, she left
garbage on the sidewalk for two weeks w/o getting a ticket, her excuse
being, " well, the flood victims got to put their garbage on the
sidewalks."

She also has a Prius, and another SUV.

/rant
Old January 5th 11, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Jan 5, 11:09*am, landotter wrote:
Seriously, this is outside of the house of the local yuppie that won
"person of the year" in our progressive pocket of reason within the
armpit of the south:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5247/...9c4b086c_b.jpg

An anomaly? Not at all, nearly every time I pass her house, there's an
SUV blocking the sidewalk or the bike lane. This summer, she left
garbage on the sidewalk for two weeks w/o getting a ticket, her excuse
being, " well, the flood victims got to put their garbage on the
sidewalks."

She also has a Prius, and another SUV.

/rant

I'm surprised there's still air in all four tires.

- Frank Krygowski
Old January 5th 11, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

uh, last name is a bird name ?
Old January 5th 11, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Jan 5, 10:32*am, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Jan 5, 11:09*am, landotter wrote:

Seriously, this is outside of the house of the local yuppie that won
"person of the year" in our progressive pocket of reason within the
armpit of the south:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5247/...9c4b086c_b.jpg

An anomaly? Not at all, nearly every time I pass her house, there's an
SUV blocking the sidewalk or the bike lane. This summer, she left
garbage on the sidewalk for two weeks w/o getting a ticket, her excuse
being, " well, the flood victims got to put their garbage on the
sidewalks."

She also has a Prius, and another SUV.

/rant

I'm surprised there's still air in all four tires.

- Frank Krygowski

I've stopped carrying a valve stem tool in my bag, as it's waaaaay too
tempting.
Old January 5th 11, 05:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hébert

On 1/5/2011 11:58 AM, landotter wrote:
On Jan 5, 10:32 am, Frank wrote:
On Jan 5, 11:09 am, wrote:

Seriously, this is outside of the house of the local yuppie that won
"person of the year" in our progressive pocket of reason within the
armpit of the south:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5247/...9c4b086c_b.jpg

An anomaly? Not at all, nearly every time I pass her house, there's an
SUV blocking the sidewalk or the bike lane. This summer, she left
garbage on the sidewalk for two weeks w/o getting a ticket, her excuse
being, " well, the flood victims got to put their garbage on the
sidewalks."

She also has a Prius, and another SUV.

/rant

I'm surprised there's still air in all four tires.

- Frank Krygowski

I've stopped carrying a valve stem tool in my bag, as it's waaaaay too
tempting.

Where's Buford T. Pusser when you need him?
Old January 5th 11, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Jan 5, 10:32 am, Frank *wrote:
On Jan 5, 11:09 am, *wrote:

Seriously, this is outside of the house of the local yuppie that won
"person of the year" in our progressive pocket of reason within the
armpit of the south:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5247/...9c4b086c_b.jpg

An anomaly? Not at all, nearly every time I pass her house, there's an
SUV blocking the sidewalk or the bike lane. This summer, she left
garbage on the sidewalk for two weeks w/o getting a ticket, her excuse
being, " well, the flood victims got to put their garbage on the
sidewalks."

She also has a Prius, and another SUV.

/rant

I'm surprised there's still air in all four tires.

- Frank Krygowski

I've stopped carrying a valve stem tool in my bag, as it's waaaaay too
tempting.

Where's Buford T. Pusser when you need him?

Decomposing, I reckon.
Old January 5th 11, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hébert

On 1/5/2011 12:43 PM, landotter wrote:

Where's Buford T. Pusser when you need him?

Decomposing, I reckon.

Sorry, it was the "armpit of the south reference" that made me think of
him. But anyway, I thought that the armpit of the south was Morgan City
Louisiana...

Old January 5th 11, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Jan 5, 11:52*am, Duane Hébert wrote:
On 1/5/2011 12:43 PM, landotter wrote:

Where's Buford T. Pusser when you need him?

Decomposing, I reckon.

Sorry, it was the "armpit of the south reference" that made me think of
him. *But anyway, I thought that the armpit of the south was Morgan City
Louisiana...

True. We're more the buckle of of the Bible Belt, not the name
embossed on the back. That said, I'm within four blocks of a lesbian
biker bar, and three vegetarian restaurants--so fairly safe.
Old January 5th 11, 06:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hébert

On 1/5/2011 1:04 PM, landotter wrote:
On Jan 5, 11:52 am, Duane wrote:
On 1/5/2011 12:43 PM, landotter wrote:

Where's Buford T. Pusser when you need him?

Decomposing, I reckon.

Sorry, it was the "armpit of the south reference" that made me think of
him. But anyway, I thought that the armpit of the south was Morgan City
Louisiana...

True. We're more the buckle of of the Bible Belt, not the name
embossed on the back. That said, I'm within four blocks of a lesbian
biker bar, and three vegetarian restaurants--so fairly safe.

Not sure about the vegetarians though.
Old January 5th 11, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Jan 5, 11:52 am, Duane H *wrote:
On 1/5/2011 12:43 PM, landotter wrote:

Where's Buford T. Pusser when you need him?

Decomposing, I reckon.

Sorry, it was the "armpit of the south reference" that made me think of
him. *But anyway, I thought that the armpit of the south was Morgan City
Louisiana...

True. We're more the buckle of of the Bible Belt, not the name
embossed on the back. That said, I'm within four blocks of a lesbian
biker bar, and three vegetarian restaurants--so fairly safe.

Not sure about the vegetarians though.

It's balanced by ten bbq pits, four taco carts, and several meat n'
threes. Life must go on!