Cyclist mows down child, attacks lady witness and then cycles away.

Old July 3rd 18, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Cyclist mows down child, attacks lady witness and then cyclesaway.

On 03/07/2018 09:19, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/07/18 00:18, JNugent wrote:
On 03/07/2018 00:10, JNugent wrote:
On 02/07/2018 22:23, TMS320 wrote:
On 01/07/18 23:48, JNugent wrote:
On 09/06/2018 13:14, TMS320 wrote:

We've had an example recently. Nugent was berating
me about a lack of respect for pedestrians (I am a cyclist,
therefore I
can't have any) and then went on to mention "silly pedestrians"
getting
in the way of him in his car.

That is a lie.

Why do you tell such lies?

Look up your post of 09/05/18 01:54

My "Sent" folder goes back only to 22/05/18.

Ah...

You are obviously referring to this:

QUOTE:
I have seen lots of silly people
push prams off footways into the carriageway even as traffic is
approaching. You have seen it too.
ENDQUOTE

Such people are not silly because they are pedestrians. They are silly
because they must know the risk to their child but do it anyway out of
sheer impatience.

A given proportion (even a high proportion) of them is not the same
thing as a high proportions of pedestrians in general, and most
pedestrians (come to that, most people pushing prams and push-chairs)
are more cautious and co-operative.

Still... the question is: did I say ""silly pedestrians"?

I did not.

People going about on foot are known as pedestrians.

And those pushing prams are a speciual and unusual sub-set of them with
those siully and impatient enough to endanger their children out of
sheer impatiance an even smaller one.

Your statement was a lie.

If you want a real liar look in the mirror every time you mangle
somebody else's words out of all recognition.

Pathetic.

Your apology accepted.

Do not assume. Needless to say, there isn't one.

So you are an unrepentant liar to boot.

Shame.

I had expected better from you.

Old July 3rd 18, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 03/07/2018 10:16, Peter Keller wrote:
On 02/07/18 10:43, JNugent wrote:
On 09/06/2018 10:36, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/06/18 00:17, JNugent wrote:
On 07/06/2018 20:47, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/06/18 17:23, JNugent wrote:
On 07/06/2018 15:28, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:

Well done; no unseemly hating of groups of people just because of
where
they live. Just prejudice based on mode of transport!

No prejudice. It all arises out of experience and acquired
information, much of it gained in this very NG.

You and Cheerless clearly live a very sheltered existence.

The exact opposite, I'm afraid.

"acquired information, much of it gained in this very NG". I rest my
case.

I wish it weren't; I really do.

I wish cyclists today were as law-abiding and sociable as cyclists
were in the 1950s. Don't you?

To people of a certain age and beyond the past is always a golden era.
Culture has changed out of recognition since the 50's. Not that I was
there and only have black & white films to go by.

You take an occasional report about a "cyclist" doing something wrong
(which invariably has nothing to do with actually riding the bike) and
choose not to compare with the population at large.

I really don't care about obedience to the law when what is important is
the safety of others. It ought to be a given that, compared to a driver,
a person on a bike cannot afford (on average) to be selfish.

Sp do you agree, or disagree, that as a class of road-user, cyclists
used to be much more law-compliant and courteous than they tend to be
nowadays?

I have been a bicyclist for about 60 years.
I have not noticed much difference between then and now.

That's there. This is here. Believe me, it's different. The foul-mouthed
SJW-type cyclist didn't exist here back then.

Old July 3rd 18, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

JNugent wrote:

Oh, the irony, as any London pedestrian who has had the temerity to cross
the road at a zebra or pelicon can attest.

'A manhunt is underway for a driver after he left a pedestrian for dead
https://metro.co.uk/2018/02/12/driver-leaves-pedestrian-dead-crashing-zebra-crossing-7305486/?ito=cbshare

'Low fines, the reluctance of motorists to stop and, in some cases, lax
design could be behind the rising death and injury toll, it is
feared...'
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/3242048/Zebra-crossing-road-deaths-treble.html

'Only Spain, with 15.7 pedestrians killed per million of the
population, fared worse than Britain, which had 11.5 deaths in 2005,
the latest year for which figures are available...'
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/road-safety/3247116/Pedestrian-death-figures-prompt-call-for-more-zebra-crossing-points.html

Watch him spin the last link as 'not relevant' as it's from 2005... :-D

D.
--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old July 3rd 18, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 03/07/18 16:22, JNugent wrote:

That's there. This is here. Believe me, it's different. The foul-mouthed
SJW-type cyclist didn't exist here back then.

I was "there" a few months ago and didn't notice any difference to my
"here". Where is your "here" and what is SJW?
Old July 3rd 18, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 03/07/2018 21:16, TMS320 wrote:

On 03/07/18 16:22, JNugent wrote:

That's there. This is here. Believe me, it's different. The
foul-mouthed SJW-type cyclist didn't exist here back then.

I was "there" a few months ago and didn't notice any difference to my
"here". Where is your "here" and what is SJW?

"Here" is this country. You know... here.

"There" is down under.

I accept that particular poster's word about conditions in his country
without demur. I have no reason to do otherwise.

"Then" is 60 years ago (as mentioned by the PP in the post to which I
was replying).

You know full well what an SJW-type is.

Don't act dafter than you are.

Old July 4th 18, 04:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

JNugent wrote:

That's there. This is here. Believe me, it's different. The foul-mouthed
SJW-type cyclist didn't exist here back then.

Nor did the gobby, self-entitled psychopaths in their cars, either.

J.
Old July 4th 18, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 04/07/18 03:22, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Oh but here they did.
That is the basis of my observation that nothing much has changed.
Here bicyclists have, in general always had a rather casual attitude to
red lights, giving way, acknowledging the existence of pedestrians and
so forth. About the only difference is that now they tend to be more
likely to wear battle gear and clothes.
Old July 4th 18, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Mon, 02 Jul 2018 21:23:35 GMT, TMS320 wrote:

On 01/07/18 23:43, JNugent wrote:
On 09/06/2018 10:36, TMS320 wrote:

[]
Oh hello. It says a great deal about you that after such a long break
you can't mark all threads as read and start with a clean sheet.

[]

He *has* been a busy bee, responding to all those outrageous claims by
cyclists in this NG. It wouldn't do to allow "them" to get away with
positive cycling content; especially on a newgroup so dedicated.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old July 4th 18, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/07/2018 12:21, Peter Keller wrote:
[...]

I am saddened to hear it.

Best wishes.

Old July 4th 18, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 03/07/18 22:44, JNugent wrote:
On 03/07/2018 21:16, TMS320 wrote:

On 03/07/18 16:22, JNugent wrote:

That's there. This is here. Believe me, it's different. The
foul-mouthed SJW-type cyclist didn't exist here back then.

I was "there" a few months ago and didn't notice any difference to my
"here". Where is your "here" and what is SJW?

"Here" is this country. You know... here.

The "here" that I know is the UK. I don't recognise the country you
describe.

"There" is down under.

If I didn't know where "there" was I couldn't have said I was there.
Could I?

Which reminds me, one big difference between "there" and "here" was that
motorists are noticeably more law abiding, particularly in built up
areas. To travel at free flow at 30 mph along a road with four lanes
plus right turn refuges plus two parking lanes with door opening space
was quite an experience.

I take it you don't support the serial law breaking of motorists that
occurs here?

I accept that particular poster's word about conditions in his country
without demur. I have no reason to do otherwise.

"Then" is 60 years ago (as mentioned by the PP in the post to which I
was replying).

You know full well what an SJW-type is.

Don't act dafter than you are.

It's even dafter to type a response of 14 words instead of 3.