Worst commercials of the TdF

Old July 23rd 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Joe Cipale

Default Worst commercials of the TdF

yeahyeah wrote:
As much withdrawal from the Tour as I'm going to have this week, I
won't miss a whole lot of the commercials.

Which ones were the worst in your opinion? The best?
I kind of liked the Rabbit commercial, cute. Cars going into vaginal
tunnel and coming out with a litter of rabbits.

Several left me with an impression but not of any brand - I now know
that "Meema" means password in Japanese, but can I tell you which
company or what product is being sold by that one? Nope.

I was humming that song from the commercial where the guy is waiting
for his bowling ball all day, but have no recollection of the product
or the company.

The Levi's commercial, however, was memorable.

The VW Wabbit commercial was cute...

Anything with Bob Roll I tended to turn the sound off (the thought of Roll
dressed in drag for a fricking scratch-n-sniff card was disturbing). At
least
it wasnt as cheesy as the commercial from a few years back where he is
playing
with his 'cyclist' toys, pretneding they are lance, Jan, etc., ad nauseum...

Old July 24th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Linda Lou

I liked the Rabbit commercial the best too. My 4-year-old son loves the
SAAB spot where the jet turns into an SUV. The Pennzoil shootout spot
was fun too.

I thought the Michelob Ultra spots were pretty cheesy. The guy on the
bike in a tank top -- eewww!

Most of all, I was tired of OLN/VS Fight Night promos. Men beating each
other senseless to put money in the pockets of sleazy promoters is just
gross.

Linda Lou
Former Ad Chick

yeahyeah wrote:
As much withdrawal from the Tour as I'm going to have this week, I
won't miss a whole lot of the commercials.

Which ones were the worst in your opinion? The best?
I kind of liked the Rabbit commercial, cute. Cars going into vaginal
tunnel and coming out with a litter of rabbits.

Several left me with an impression but not of any brand - I now know
that "Meema" means password in Japanese, but can I tell you which
company or what product is being sold by that one? Nope.

AT&T

Old July 24th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Joe Cipale wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:
As much withdrawal from the Tour as I'm going to have this week, I
won't miss a whole lot of the commercials.

I've often wondered how Saab was started, I was I knew...

Old July 24th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Those Saab ads were annoying, but come on guys, the worst this year was
still WAY better than every five minutes watching Marla Streb run into
a tree yelling "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

Old July 24th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Lindsay

That car looks like a Suburu to me...not that there's anything wrong
with that.

The Saab SUV is a rebadged GM, an Envoy I think.

Old July 24th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Marlene Blanshay

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On 24 Jul 2006 05:07:45 -0700, wrote:

Joe Cipale wrote:

yeahyeah wrote:

As much withdrawal from the Tour as I'm going to have this week, I
won't miss a whole lot of the commercials.

I've often wondered how Saab was started, I was I knew...

That car looks like a Suburu to me...not that there's anything wrong
with that.

Yes, but "BORN FROM A BUYOUT BY A BIG-3 AUTOMAKER WHO HAS A
PLATFORM-SHARING AGREEMENT WITH A COMPANY THAT BEGAN WHEN FIVE JAPANESE
COMPANIES MERGED DURING THE POSTWAR RECONSTRUCTION AND WENT ON TO BE A
MAJOR GLOBAL TRANSPORTATION EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER" doesn't scan as well.

Explanation that JT10k already knows: A Saab 9-2x is a slight variation
on a Subaru WRX.

With GM recently selling its small stake in Subaru to Toyota, this has
become another one of those odd car partnerships GM and Toyota keep
engaging in: Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe, Toyota Corolla/Chevrolet Nova
(late-80s/early-90s era), and now this.

we don't get the same ads... but there's this Rabbit ad with dogs
running after the car... chasing a rabbit HAHAH. It's actually a good
ad. But we get these ads for local bike shops and one for Louis Garneau.
One of the local bike shop ads is totally lame- this weird looking guy
with a bad nose job staring at a wheel.
Old July 24th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

I still like the B&W-with-yellow-highlights LiveSTRONG advert from last
year, which made it into the rotation.

And I miss teenage Michael and his award-winning 5 mile fantasy tour
for Giro.

--Karen D.
OLN commentator heard last night: "no threat to the yellow jersey of
Lance Armstrong." Whoops!