Tour de Fat - Boise random pics

Old September 2nd 07, 03:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

Default Tour de Fat - Boise random pics

Thanks to New Belgium Brewing for hosting the Tour de Fat, a huge
bicycling party at a big park here every year. This last one was
great, but almost too big.

Some random shots from the first half of the day, mostly the costumed
Cruiser parade ride through town. We had over 1200 riders from the
"official" counter.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7728613...414463/detail/

And let's hear it for New Belgium 1554 !

CDB
the Paladin, accept no cheap substitutes.

Old September 2nd 07, 07:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
daddy

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 07:51:06 -0700, Paladin wrote:

Thanks to New Belgium Brewing for hosting the Tour de Fat, a huge
bicycling party at a big park here every year. This last one was
great, but almost too big.

Some random shots from the first half of the day, mostly the costumed
Cruiser parade ride through town. We had over 1200 riders from the
"official" counter.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7728613...414463/detail/

And let's hear it for New Belgium 1554 !

CDB
the Paladin, accept no cheap substitutes.

Outstanding! :-) What an awesome day my man.

-grig
Old September 2nd 07, 08:58 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Paladin wrote:
Thanks to New Belgium Brewing for hosting the Tour de Fat, a huge
bicycling party at a big park here every year. This last one was
great, but almost too big.

Some random shots from the first half of the day, mostly the costumed
Cruiser parade ride through town. We had over 1200 riders from the
"official" counter.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7728613...414463/detail/

And let's hear it for New Belgium 1554 !

CDB
the Paladin, accept no cheap substitutes.

They are such a great company. They are giving me 6 kegs for the
Buffalo Creek Epic Weekend in two weeks. Next year we are going to make
it more like a Tour de Fat. They are going to bring the Green Stage for
my band.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 3rd 07, 08:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Sep 2, 7:51 am, Paladin wrote:
Thanks to New Belgium Brewing for hosting the Tour de Fat, a huge
bicycling party at a big park here every year. This last one was
great, but almost too big.

Some random shots from the first half of the day, mostly the costumed
Cruiser parade ride through town. We had over 1200 riders from the
"official" counter.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7728613...414463/detail/

And let's hear it for New Belgium 1554 !

CDB
the Paladin, accept no cheap substitutes.

New Belgium is the coolest brewery and has some of the best beers.
Thanks for posting up the fun, CBD.

JD

Old September 3rd 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
HikerDave

On Sep 2, 7:51 am, Paladin wrote:
Thanks to New Belgium Brewing for hosting the Tour de Fat, a huge
bicycling party at a big park here every year. This last one was
great, but almost too big.

Some random shots from the first half of the day, mostly the costumed
Cruiser parade ride through town. We had over 1200 riders from the
"official" counter.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7728613...414463/detail/

And let's hear it for New Belgium 1554 !

CDB
the Paladin, accept no cheap substitutes.

Julia Davis park is one of the things I miss the most about Boise. I
even went there one crisp fall day just to rake up a huge pile of
leaves for my daughter. Been to a couple of those Boise Tour De Fat
events. How about those crazy drunken guys with the bicycle midway? My
daughter tried the bicycle-driven merry-go-round.

Anybody tried the Black Hawk Stout from Mendocino Brewing Company? To
my taste this is almost as good as the Guinness that I got for my
birthday. I'll drink Fat Tire ale once in a while, but I like a little
bit of variety.

Dave

Old September 4th 07, 02:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Chris Brown

On Sep 3, 4:27 pm, HikerDave wrote:
On Sep 2, 7:51 am, Paladin wrote:

[...]

This was my 3rd or 4th TDF, and it's a great time every year.
Mendocino? I learned to swim in Lake Mendocino in Northern California
about 40yrs ago.. I'm not a big fan of NB beer, except their 1554
or Trippel. But they really do a lot for biking.

CDB

Old September 4th 07, 04:35 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

On Sep 2, 7:51 am, Paladin wrote:

[...]

Same here. But I buy NB often because of their support for biking and
their excellent green efforts.

Greg

--
Ticketmaster and Ticketweb suck, but everyone knows that:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org

Dethink to survive - Mclusky
Old September 4th 07, 08:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Sep 3, 6:41 pm, Chris Brown wrote:
I'm not a big fan of NB beer, except their 1554
or Trippel. But they really do a lot for biking.

CDB

What's weird is that Fat Tire is their "flagship" and it's not that
great. I do like the Trippel, 1554, Sunshine Wheat and Blue Paddle
Pilsener though.

JD

Old September 4th 07, 10:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Chris Brown

On Sep 4, 1:38 pm, JD wrote:
On Sep 3, 6:41 pm, Chris Brown wrote:

I'm not a big fan of NB beer, except their 1554
or Trippel. But they really do a lot for biking.

CDB

What's weird is that Fat Tire is their "flagship" and it's not that
great. I do like the Trippel, 1554, Sunshine Wheat and Blue Paddle
Pilsener though.

JD

I forgot they did Blue Paddle. First time I had that was when you
jokers came to town the first time. Good stuff. But man, I'm so
hooked on Deschutes Twilight that I can't see straight to buy NB right
now..

el Paladin
or King Alotta Kahonee: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...4877590&size=o

and lest we forget: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...4884402&size=o

Old September 5th 07, 12:05 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

JD wrote:
On Sep 3, 6:41 pm, Chris Brown wrote:
I'm not a big fan of NB beer, except their 1554
or Trippel. But they really do a lot for biking.

CDB

What's weird is that Fat Tire is their "flagship" and it's not that
great. I do like the Trippel, 1554, Sunshine Wheat and Blue Paddle
Pilsener though.

JD

Abbey is pretty awesome too, IMO.

I'm also not all that fond of Skinny Dip, but the wife really likes it.

To me Fat Tire is good, but not great. And why do they make it their
flagship beer? I'd bet it's the popularity and successful marketing
(name recognition) behind it. Might as well go with what's successful.

Matt