AUS unicyclist attempts frontflip.

Old November 10th 08, 10:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Andrew Mell

Default AUS unicyclist attempts frontflip.

on sunday the 9th at newtown festival a bunch of us were doing a trial
demo with some bikers and reece tried a frontflip on his uni, he had 3
unsuccessful attempts but gave it a shot.

cant upload any video but heres a screenshot.

[image: http://i38.tinypic.com/1zqekh3.jpg]

--
Andrew Mell
Old November 10th 08, 10:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mikepenton

PLEASE tell us he was wearing a helmet and it just isn't very visible in
the shot...
The ambulance in the background is very appropriate.

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)
Old November 10th 08, 10:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

wow, he decided just "go for it" ? Thats guts! Did he have any practice
before? And yeah, he should of been wearing a helmet.

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5
Old November 10th 08, 10:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
samsta002

Thats pretty crazy but sick. I wish i was there, it would have been good
to see.

--
samsta002

It's OK; luckily my neck broke my fall.

"Wow! Did you see that one-footer-no-eighty?!"
Old November 10th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ludwig F

woa that guy is sick
why didn't he wear a helmet?

--
Ludwig F

1st place '
)-540unispin-'O,'
(http://www.vimeo.com/2123853)

Team Crankbreakers

'Unsere Videos' (http://www.vimeo.com/user858503)
Old November 10th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

That is so cool. The limits of what a person can do on a unicycle are
still being pushed hard. I'm looking forward to the first back flip
attempt. I still think it would have to be easier.

My guess is that he's not wearing a helmet for the best reason known.
He didn't want to. Personal choice and personal responsibility...take
them or have them taken away. You go, Reece.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith
Old November 10th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

I would guess a helmet would be no good in a frontflip injury, if you
pile down onto the ground head first, having a helmet isn't going to do
anything to help your neck / back. You don't often see tumblers /
acrobats wearing helmets after all.

Joe

--
joemarshall

' old pics' (http://tinyurl.com/56yl2f) 'new zealand pics'
(http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rshall_photos/) 'new pics'
(http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/joemarshall.org.uk)
'Where have I been riding? (GPS) ' (http://tinyurl.com/6fxw5x)
Old November 10th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

That is pretty awesome, and I guess Harper is right, it is his own fault
if something goes wrong and he isn't wearing a helmet.

Who was wearing the KUA shirt?

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old November 10th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kidmuni

Woo!

respect

I was there

--
kidmuni

*Buy Koxx-one Unicycles, parts, and accessories for the first time in
Australia! - * www.unicycle.com.au
Old November 10th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Seager

The helmet is less neccisary since he has two spotters.

I'm amazed.

--
Seager

'The GreyMatter Jugglers' (http://www.greymatterjugglers.com) | 'Team