Offered 24" wheeled road bike

Old August 10th 07, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc

Default Offered 24" wheeled road bike

I bought this bike from somone on this NG for my son about 6 years ago,
it had then just been powder coated. , "sold" it to someone in the club
last winter, he never paid for it and last month brought it back
because" The inner tube has gone and I can't find another" *******!

There is now a little bit of surface rust breaking through the powder
blue powder coating , and of course it needs a new inner tube , but if
anyone wants a "real" road bike for their youngster please feel free to
contact me. On Monday it will be advertised on freecycle
Old August 10th 07, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doki

"marc" wrote in message
I bought this bike from somone on this NG for my son about 6 years ago, it
had then just been powder coated. , "sold" it to someone in the club last
winter, he never paid for it and last month brought it back because" The
inner tube has gone and I can't find another" *******!

There is now a little bit of surface rust breaking through the powder blue
powder coating , and of course it needs a new inner tube , but if anyone
wants a "real" road bike for their youngster please feel free to contact
me. On Monday it will be advertised on freecycle

Where are you? And what's the standover height?

Old August 10th 07, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc

Doki wrote:

"marc" wrote in message
I bought this bike from somone on this NG for my son about 6 years
ago, it had then just been powder coated. , "sold" it to someone in
the club last winter, he never paid for it and last month brought it
back because" The inner tube has gone and I can't find another" *******!

There is now a little bit of surface rust breaking through the powder
blue powder coating , and of course it needs a new inner tube , but if
anyone wants a "real" road bike for their youngster please feel free
to contact me. On Monday it will be advertised on freecycle

Where are you? And what's the standover height?

South Wales

About 26"
Old August 10th 07, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin Maclaren

In the referenced article, marc writes:
Where are you? And what's the standover height?

South Wales

About 26"

"South Wales" covers a large area!

Do you have a picture of the bike? How many gears? Does it have
dual brake levers?

Martin
Old August 10th 07, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc

Martin Maclaren wrote:
In the referenced article, marc writes:
Where are you? And what's the standover height?

South Wales

About 26"

"South Wales" covers a large area!

Bridgend

Do you have a picture of the bike?

How many gears?

12
Does it have
dual brake levers?

Suicide levers? no!
Old August 10th 07, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doki

"marc" wrote in message
Doki wrote:

"marc" wrote in message
I bought this bike from somone on this NG for my son about 6 years ago,
it had then just been powder coated. , "sold" it to someone in the club
last winter, he never paid for it and last month brought it back
because" The inner tube has gone and I can't find another" *******!

There is now a little bit of surface rust breaking through the powder
blue powder coating , and of course it needs a new inner tube , but if
anyone wants a "real" road bike for their youngster please feel free to
contact me. On Monday it will be advertised on freecycle

Where are you? And what's the standover height?

South Wales

About 26"

Nope. I'll be nowhere down near that way, so I can't pick it up.

Old August 10th 07, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

marc wrote:

Martin Maclaren wrote:

Does it have dual brake levers?

Suicide levers? no!

Dual levers aren't necessarily suicide levers.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/b...rop.html#cross