one in 5 cyclists in westminster break the law

Old August 1st 10, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default one in 5 cyclists in westminster break the law

this is from earlier this year, but well worth watching, even cycling groups
want things tightened up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/h...00/8528353.stm

Old August 1st 10, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
OG

Default 4 out of 5 cyclists in westminster don't break the law

Old August 1st 10, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

On Aug 1, 2:26*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
this is from earlier this year, but well worth watching, even cycling groups
want things tightened up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/h.../newsid_852800...

The other four haven't been caught. ;-)
Old August 5th 10, 06:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

Default one in 4 drivers in westminster break the law

On 1 Aug, 18:48, PeterG wrote:
On Aug 1, 2:26*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

this is from earlier this year, but well worth watching, even cycling groups
want things tightened up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/h.../newsid_852800...

The other four haven't been caught. *;-)

I bet the ratio for drivers is even worse.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Old August 5th 10, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
On 1 Aug, 18:48, PeterG wrote:
On Aug 1, 2:26 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

this is from earlier this year, but well worth watching, even
cycling groups want things tightened up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/h.../newsid_852800...

The other four haven't been caught. ;-)

I bet the ratio for drivers is even worse.

the ratio of lawbreaking cyclists was obtained by people watching their
actions. since cars are already observed by cameras and can be identified
and traced, then I am sure they would be fined if they were breaking the law
at the ratio you suggest of one in four. It would be a massive boost to the
economy if it were true.

Old August 6th 10, 05:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On 5 Aug, 08:27, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 1 Aug, 18:48, PeterG wrote:
On Aug 1, 2:26 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

this is from earlier this year, but well worth watching, even
cycling groups want things tightened up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/h.../newsid_852800....

The other four haven't been caught. ;-)

I bet the ratio for drivers is even worse.

the ratio of lawbreaking cyclists was obtained by people watching their
actions. *since cars are already observed by cameras and can be identified
and traced, then I am sure they would be fined if they were breaking the law
at the ratio you suggest of one in four. *It would be a massive boost to the
economy if it were true.

Actually its much worse than that if you include drivers who exceed
the speed limits, who have been estimated at 70% of all drivers and
who are seldom caught.

-- .
Old August 6th 10, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Doug wrote:
On 1 Aug, 18:48, PeterG wrote:
[...]

And that figure must include you as you drive an illegal vehicle, with
no insurance.

--
Tony Dragon
Old August 6th 10, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
On 1 Aug, 18:48, PeterG wrote:
[...]

so 100 per cent of Doug's rides are illegal.

Old August 7th 10, 06:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

Doug wrote:
On 1 Aug, 18:48, PeterG wrote:
[...]

No you are wrong again. I am probably on a par with the average
motorist, of even better at obeying the law, because I often use
ordinary bikes and electric trains too. Also, as a cyclist I am much
less of a threat to other road users, unlike motorists. Maybe that is
why the cops don't arrest me for sometimes using an EU compliant
electric bicycle?

-- .
Old August 7th 10, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
oldMaxim

Doug wrote:
On 1 Aug, 18:48, PeterG wrote:
[...]

A driving licence is a licence to kill.- Hide quoted text -

....can just imagine you, like Rick from the young ones - "hey cops,
over here - look I'm doing something naughty! - what you going to do
about it eh?" while waving two fingers in the cops direction.... you
old anarchist you