GMail quality control?

Old December 15th 08, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Default GMail quality control?

I have noticed that, recently, quite a few new posters have appeared
in this group, with the attached message:-

"This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups
Terms Of Use."

What could this mean? It doesn't seem to interrupt their posting.
Old December 15th 08, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:43:22 -0800 (PST)
Squashme wrote:

I have noticed that, recently, quite a few new posters have appeared
in this group, with the attached message:-

"This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups
Terms Of Use."

No sign of that message on my server or in a Google Groups search.

Old December 15th 08, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
OG

"Squashme" wrote in message

I have noticed that, recently, quite a few new posters have appeared
in this group, with the attached message:-

"This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups
Terms Of Use."

What could this mean? It doesn't seem to interrupt their posting.

People who (re)-use the email address for posting are not
allowed to have a google groups 'profile' (whatever that is).

It's nothing to do with usenet.

Old December 16th 08, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Squashme wrote:

I have noticed that, recently, quite a few new posters have appeared
in this group, with the attached message:-

"This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups
Terms Of Use."

No sign of that message on my server or in a Google Groups search.

That's one of the advantages of being a lesser breed without the law,
or, using GMail. I get that message when I view Profile to see the new
URC posters' previous form. It's useful.