Carbon Bikes and Quality Control

Old June 4th 17, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Carbon Bikes and Quality Control

On 2017-06-04 06:50, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jun 2017 14:37:28 +0700, John B.
wrote:

Well, if you are going to be all electronic there should be no problem
to have a "tinkle, tinkle" setting, a "ding, ding" setting and a "GET
OUT THE F--KING WAY!" setting.

All good ideas but I think some psychology might be better. I think
I'll try synthesizing the sound of an iPhone ringing. That should
stop anyone ahead in their tracks as they look down at their iPhone to
see who's calling. Since they've now stopped moving, I can usually
weave (or zip) around them. If that doesn't work, I'll try the
doppler shifted sound of screeching tires.

Electronic is too wimpy. This ought to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWRB2UNOmI

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old June 4th 17, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

Well, if you are going to be all electronic there should be no problem
to have a "tinkle, tinkle" setting, a "ding, ding" setting and a "GET
OUT THE F--KING WAY!" setting.

All good ideas but I think some psychology might be better. I think
I'll try synthesizing the sound of an iPhone ringing. That should
stop anyone ahead in their tracks as they look down at their iPhone to
see who's calling. Since they've now stopped moving, I can usually
weave (or zip) around them. If that doesn't work, I'll try the
doppler shifted sound of screeching tires.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

The roar of a hungry mountain lion?

Cheers
Old June 5th 17, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

Well, if you are going to be all electronic there should be no problem
to have a "tinkle, tinkle" setting, a "ding, ding" setting and a "GET
OUT THE F--KING WAY!" setting.

All good ideas but I think some psychology might be better. I think
I'll try synthesizing the sound of an iPhone ringing. That should
stop anyone ahead in their tracks as they look down at their iPhone to
see who's calling. Since they've now stopped moving, I can usually
weave (or zip) around them. If that doesn't work, I'll try the
doppler shifted sound of screeching tires.

It might be an interesting experiment. One could use the sounds of
screams, someone shouting "Fire, Fire", various types of police Sirens
- I like the continental "He-Haw" - or even bombs going off, to see
what worked the best.

I'm not sure about the iPhone sound as I see most of the younger
generation walking about with wires coming out of their ears and their
lips moving. They might not be listening for a phone to ring :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old June 5th 17, 01:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

For a verbal 'clear the road', 'aloha snackbar' would do it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 5th 17, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

****it. That video absolutely will not dispense with the 15-second ad, no matter how many times you hit Control-R. **** it.

Old June 5th 17, 08:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

wrote:

Well, if you are going to be all electronic there should be no
problem to have a "tinkle, tinkle" setting, a "ding, ding"
setting and a "GET OUT THE F--KING WAY!" setting.

All good ideas but I think some psychology might be better. I
think I'll try synthesizing the sound of an iPhone ringing. That
should stop anyone ahead in their tracks as they look down at
their iPhone to see who's calling. Since they've now stopped
moving, I can usually weave (or zip) around them. If that
doesn't work, I'll try the doppler shifted sound of screeching
tires.

Electronic is too wimpy. This ought to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWRB2UNOmI

****it. That video absolutely will not dispense with the 15-second
ad, no matter how many times you hit Control-R. **** it.

Youtube has begun to nag more persistently and they make you wait them
out. A really nasty one is an IBM Watson ad that has caused me to
abandon Youtube at times.

I have developed a habit of doing some other chore while watching out of
the corner of an eye, then turning to the screen when the fluff is over.
Often I miss it and then just "spool back" to the beginning. I never
really see the ads consciously so I couldn't even tell you what any one
of them is about or what they wanted to sell.

Old June 5th 17, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

I have almost stopped looking at youTube entirely except when they have political content I'm trying to make a point of.
Old June 6th 17, 10:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

The problem with Youtube is that it is a movie and can be made to
prove just about anything that the maker wants to prove.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old June 6th 17, 02:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I would as well but they have a de facto monopoly. If I want to see how
a singletrack looks or maybe watch some white-knuckle kayak ride it
can't be beat.

Old June 6th 17, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

As an example - This was widely believed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y90vnB6gUME

until this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naSZBdJoEbM
came out.

Although Snopes helped, as usual.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Quality Control: Not impressed with "Brooks of England" Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 22 April 2nd 09 09:42 PM
Quality Control: Not impressed with "Brooks of England" Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 0 April 1st 09 02:45 AM
GMail quality control? Squashme UK 3 December 16th 08 12:33 PM
AD: FS Control Tech Carbon Wheelsets! [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 31st 04 03:08 PM
Spoke Quality Control John Everett Techniques 4 November 10th 04 04:50 AM