Paris-Gruber - who's will be the most effective cheater this yearand how will they do it?

Old April 7th 11, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Paris-Gruber - who's will be the most effective cheater this yearand how will they do it?

But I do love the sight of all those green paves on the start line.
Old April 7th 11, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Apr 7, 9:51*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
But I do love the sight of all those green paves on the start line.

did no one notice how Cancellara tried to hurt Chavanel on the 2nd to
last (I think it was) climb in the Ronde by holding onto the bottle
from the car (twice!)? just enough to make him have to accelerate.
Old April 8th 11, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Apr 7, 11:34*am, " wrote:
On Apr 7, 9:51*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

But I do love the sight of all those green paves on the start line.

did no one notice how Cancellara tried to hurt Chavanel on the 2nd to
last (I think it was) climb in the Ronde by holding onto the bottle
from the car (twice!)? *just enough to make him have to accelerate.

No, but I give him an "A" for effort. Pro racers of all types will do
anything they think they can get away with, if it results in a win.
Old April 8th 11, 01:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Apr 7, 1:34*pm, " wrote:
On Apr 7, 9:51*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

But I do love the sight of all those green paves on the start line.

did no one notice how Cancellara tried to hurt Chavanel on the 2nd to
last (I think it was) climb in the Ronde by holding onto the bottle
from the car (twice!)? *just enough to make him have to accelerate.

More proof that it never gets easier even for the highest wattage guy
in the peloton
Old April 8th 11, 03:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Apr 7, 7:36*pm, Brad Anders wrote:
did no one notice how Cancellara tried to hurt Chavanel on the 2nd to
last (I think it was) climb in the Ronde by holding onto the bottle
from the car (twice!)? *just enough to make him have to accelerate.

No, but I give him an "A" for effort. Pro racers of all types will do
anything they think they can get away with, if it results in a win.

It was on the Tenbosse:

http://www.youtube.com/user/cavillan.../4/ypA96S4axeg

and it was 3 times! Pretty funny. When he calls for the car, it
almost looks like he's waving at Chavanel to get off his wheel.
Old April 8th 11, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Apr 7, 6:51*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
But I do love the sight of all those green paves on the start line.

"Paris-Groubaix," surely.

Fredmaster Ben

Old April 8th 11, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Apr 7, 8:19*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
On Apr 7, 9:20*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

On Apr 7, 6:51*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

But I do love the sight of all those green paves on the start line.

"Paris-Groubaix," surely.

Fredmaster Ben

Agreed mostly

If it were a French company it could be Grubér,
and we'd have Paris-Grubér, which would be damn
near perfect.

Fredmaster Ben
Old April 8th 11, 05:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
If it were a French company it could be Grubér,
and we'd have Paris-Grubér, which would be damn
near perfect.

If it were French it wouldn't need the accent aigu to be pronounced with
a long e, which indeed sounds like the English pronunciation of Roubaix,
wich is nothing like the French pronunciation of Roubaix, which would be
more like Grubère (but without the -re).
Old April 8th 11, 06:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Apr 7, 9:17*pm, "A. Dumas" wrote:
Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
If it were a French company it could be Grub r,
and we'd have Paris-Grub r, which would be damn
near perfect.

If it were French it wouldn't need the accent aigu to be pronounced with
a long e, which indeed sounds like the English pronunciation of Roubaix,
wich is nothing like the French pronunciation of Roubaix, which would be
more like Grub re (but without the -re).

It's very frustrating when you people from English-speaking
countries correct my Ami-French pronounciation,
especially because you're so often correct - I speak
French like Michael Rasmussen rides time trials.

Fredmaster Ben

better check KfC for a Gruber ronaldo_jeremiah Racing 4 October 19th 10 03:26 PM
Did Andy's Gruber malfunction? Kurgan Gringioni[_2_] Racing 2 July 19th 10 07:42 PM
Gruber assist ? Amit Ghosh Racing 5 June 25th 10 10:15 PM
Updated Assessment on effective methods of effective people JP Mountain Biking 0 May 8th 05 04:27 PM
Dick Pound says Tyler is a cheater cheater pumpkin eater... Ronde Chimp Racing 44 October 4th 04 06:25 PM