here we go with the dogs again

Old July 18th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

Default here we go with the dogs again

Martelli said, but the Italian lawyer did criticise some of Operacion
Puerto's doctor Eufemiano Fuentes' use of the code-name "Birillo" to
allegedly refer to Basso in documents and wiretap conversations.

"Birillo is supposedly the name of Basso's dog. But yesterday, I heard
his daughter Domitilla call the dog 'Tarello, so I don't think that at
two years of age, a child could be wrong about the name of her dog."
Perhaps true, but despite Avv. Tarello's spin, Basso is still far from
clear of the serious implications fromcharges that may stem from
Operacion Puerto. Once the UCI gets the documents, they will be passed
to the Italian Cycling Federation, who will decide the future
disposition of the case.

Old July 18th 06, 12:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Rees

Andre wrote:
Martelli said, but the Italian lawyer did criticise some of Operacion
Puerto's doctor Eufemiano Fuentes' use of the code-name "Birillo" to
allegedly refer to Basso in documents and wiretap conversations.

"Birillo is supposedly the name of Basso's dog. But yesterday, I heard
his daughter Domitilla call the dog 'Tarello, so I don't think that at
two years of age, a child could be wrong about the name of her dog."
Perhaps true, but despite Avv. Tarello's spin, Basso is still far from
clear of the serious implications fromcharges that may stem from
Operacion Puerto. Once the UCI gets the documents, they will be passed
to the Italian Cycling Federation, who will decide the future
disposition of the case.

Don't know about Italy, but in most places in the US, dogs require
licenses to prove they have had their rabies shots. The licenses
require renewal from time to time as the vaccine wears off. These
records usually also have the name of the dog. Some enterprising,
muckraking journalist ought to check the dog tag records for the Basso
dog :-)
Old July 18th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On 17 Jul 2006 19:52:41 -0700, "Andre"
wrote:

Martelli said, but the Italian lawyer did criticise some of Operacion
Puerto's doctor Eufemiano Fuentes' use of the code-name "Birillo" to
allegedly refer to Basso in documents and wiretap conversations.

"Birillo is supposedly the name of Basso's dog. But yesterday, I heard
his daughter Domitilla call the dog 'Tarello, so I don't think that at
two years of age, a child could be wrong about the name of her dog."
Perhaps true, but despite Avv. Tarello's spin, Basso is still far from
clear of the serious implications fromcharges that may stem from
Operacion Puerto. Once the UCI gets the documents, they will be passed
to the Italian Cycling Federation, who will decide the future
disposition of the case.

Birillo , 'Tarello - is it possible Basso has several dogs ?