ARBR has gone downhill

Old December 13th 03, 07:03 AM
Tom Sherman

Default ARBR has gone downhill

Hellbent Rick wrote:
... It's not the people here
expressing their off-topic, bed-wetting political views, it's stupid
subjects such as, " I place a catheter on my penis so that I can relieve
myself without stopping to **** like a 'normal human being'. So who's going
to 'One-up' on that statement and confess, "Well I too have a catheter and
have even made a hole in the bottom of my seat so that I can crap heehee,
good thing I got Planet bike fenders,heeehee." At first glance these
statements sound hilarious, but these people are dead serious!!...

I believe that Mr. Horwitz has just cost himself several sales to the
"excretion in motion" crowd.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth
Old December 13th 03, 07:19 AM
Tom Sherman

Rocketman wrote:
Religious NG's are the worst for trolls! Maybe the Church of RANS
(did I spel it rite, Tom? ;-) is close enough.

Most people spell RANS correctly, lack of complete capitalization is the
usual error.

Looking forward to a full review of the new Challenge Taifun 20/26
(what's it called again?) That one is on the top of my 2004 purchase
list, even if I can't remember the name.

Challenge Fujin.
http://www.challenge-ligfietsen.nl/ch-01/pages/images/fujin.jpg.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth
Old December 13th 03, 07:23 AM
Tom Sherman

Rocketman wrote:
Yes, Bryan contributes a great deal. His stalker (cough-Ed-cough) is
occasionally humorous; but more often not very funny....

I would not assume it is Ed "last name synonymous with a distilled
alcoholic beverage". These assumptions have a way of being wrong.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth
Old December 13th 03, 07:31 AM
Tom Sherman

skip wrote:
But still, if you are wanting to do the same things Ed Dolan is being
accused of it might be a bit disingenuous for you to be riding on the Let's
Get Ed bandwagon. Perhaps you should follow Mr. Sherman's lead. He ducked
out when the mob started forming.

Actually, I have been in exile in purgatory, er DuPage County, Illinois
(an example of suburban sprawl gone wrong, at least from a cyclist's
point of view).

As for Mr. Dolan, I have provided him with enough opportunities to
discredit himself as someone who rants opinions as facts, but never has
any facts to back up his opinions. Since he has copiously availed
himself of these opportunities, I see no reason to pay further attention
to him. As the evidence of his posts indicate, he is the one obsessed
with me (considering the frequency with which he mentions my name, even
when I am not involved in the discussion), not I with him.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth
Old December 13th 03, 07:37 AM
Tom Sherman

harv wrote:

Actually, I think Tom has to go afield in his capacity as a civil engineer.

I was in Harv's back yard this week (Elgin, Aurora and Naperville). And
who said I was civil?

I don't think he'd back away from electronic brickbats and a surly mob of
newsgroupies wielding smoky torches and wooden pitchforks. However for him
to waste his intellect trying to persuade E.D.that his aguments are vacuous
is like King Arthur trying to convince the Black Knight that his wounds are
mortal. (sketch in Monty Python's The Holy Grail).

[King Arthur music]
[music stops]
BLACK KNIGHT:
Aaaagh!
[King Arthur music]
[music stops]
BLACK KNIGHT:
Aaagh!
GREEN KNIGHT:
Ooh!
[King Arthur music]
[music stops]
[stab]
BLACK KNIGHT:
Aagh!
GREEN KNIGHT:
Oh!
[King Arthur music]
Ooh! Uuh.
[music stops]
BLACK KNIGHT:
Aaaagh!
[clang]
BLACK KNIGHT and GREEN KNIGHT:
Agh!, oh!, etc.
GREEN KNIGHT:
Aaaaaah! Aaaaaaaaah!
[woosh]
[BLACK KNIGHT kills GREEN KNIGHT]
[thud]
[scrape]
BLACK KNIGHT:
Umm!
[clop clop clop]
ARTHUR:
You fight with the strength of many men, Sir Knight.
[pause]
I am Arthur, King of the Britons.
[pause]
I seek the finest and the bravest knights in the land to join me in
my court at Camelot.
[pause]
You have proved yourself worthy. Will you join me?
[pause]
You make me sad. So be it. Come, Patsy.
BLACK KNIGHT:
None shall pass.
ARTHUR:
What?
BLACK KNIGHT:
None shall pass.
ARTHUR:
I have no quarrel with you, good Sir Knight, but I must cross this
bridge.
BLACK KNIGHT:
Then you shall die.
ARTHUR:
I command you, as King of the Britons, to stand aside!
BLACK KNIGHT:
I move for no man.
ARTHUR:
So be it!
ARTHUR and BLACK KNIGHT:
Aaah!, hiyaah!, etc.
[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's left arm off]

ARTHUR:
Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
BLACK KNIGHT:
'Tis but a scratch.
ARTHUR:
A scratch? Your arm's off!
BLACK KNIGHT:
No, it isn't.
ARTHUR:
Well, what's that, then?
BLACK KNIGHT:
I've had worse.
ARTHUR:
You liar!
BLACK KNIGHT:
Come on, you pansy!
[clang]
Huyah!
[clang]
Hiyaah!
[clang]
Aaaaaaaah!
[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's right arm off]

ARTHUR:
Victory is mine!
[kneeling]
We thank Thee Lord, that in Thy mer--
BLACK KNIGHT:
Hah!
[kick]
Come on, then.
ARTHUR:
What?
BLACK KNIGHT:
Have at you!
[kick]
ARTHUR:
Eh. You are indeed brave, Sir Knight, but the fight is mine.
BLACK KNIGHT:
Oh, had enough, eh?
ARTHUR:
Look, you stupid *******. You've got no arms left.
BLACK KNIGHT:
Yes, I have.
ARTHUR:
Look!
BLACK KNIGHT:
Just a flesh wound.
[kick]
ARTHUR:
Look, stop that.
BLACK KNIGHT:
Chicken!
[kick]
Chickennn!
ARTHUR:
Look, I'll have your leg.
[kick]
Right!
[whop]
[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's right leg off]

BLACK KNIGHT:
Right. I'll do you for that!
ARTHUR:
You'll what?
BLACK KNIGHT:
Come here!
ARTHUR:
What are you going to do, bleed on me?
BLACK KNIGHT:
I'm invincible!
ARTHUR:
You're a looney.
BLACK KNIGHT:
The Black Knight always triumphs! Have at you! Come on, then.
[whop]
[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's last leg off]

BLACK KNIGHT:
Oh? All right, we'll call it a draw.
ARTHUR:
Come, Patsy.
BLACK KNIGHT:
Oh. Oh, I see. Running away, eh? You yellow *******s! Come back
here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth
Old December 13th 03, 07:46 AM
Tom Sherman

$kip wrote:

The suggested migration of a.r.b.r. regulars to rec.bicycle.racing is
attempted humor by Rocketman. Recumbent riders would not be welcomed in
this newsgroup known for its contentiousness that is generally centered
around bike racing matters, who is taking what drugs, personal sexuality,
and other personal characteristics of the posters. Those guys have all the
political sense of a Fabrizo Mazzoleni.

But in general the r.b.r. regulars are less humorous than Fabby is.

But they would surely unite to heap abuse on a recumbent cyclist who
had the misfortune of accidentally wandering into the newsgroup.

When Martin Krieg cross-posted an announcement about the Cherry Pie
Criterium to both a.r.b.r and r.b.r., a quite entertaining flame war
ensued.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth
Old December 13th 03, 09:47 AM
Kurt Fischer

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

I do admit I like to test my wits here against all the other "wits". I think I
may border on being a troll, but I am not a real troll because I am always
saying more or less what I believe to be true. And I am giving one and all my
true personality and not pretending to be something that I am not.

Yes, you are posting under your own name, you don't change personalities
AFAIK, usually you don't attack without reason, you're staying mostly in
your threads and the form of your postings is first class. But there are
certain tendencies of trolling in your behavior as there are liberal or
chaotic aspects in your personality, and that's another reason why I'm
considering it a bad idea to divide this group - or the world for that
matter - into conservatives and liberals, black and white, good and bad.
After all there's a little troll in everyone of us.

You absolutely cannot change the subject heading as all that does is cause
another thread and **** everyone off even more than they already are. I hate
all this proliferation more than anybody.

It's true, changing the subject may cause problems, but nevertheless
it's considered good manner in Usenet to inform the readers about the
actual content of the thread as soon as the discussion goes irreversibly
away from the old subject. Try to see it with the eyes of a librarian:
When you buy a book and the cover says it's about the cultivation of
roses, would you be happy to find out at home it's actually about dogs?
;-)

But you're right, changing the subject should be done carefully, or the
confusion will be even greater than before.

Regards,
Kurt - Bavaria, Germany (just in case anyone cares to know ;-) )
Old December 13th 03, 10:14 AM
Bryan Ball

90% certain that my Internet nemesis is not Ed Gin. Also 90% certain I know
who it ACTUALLY is. Also about 75% certain that I don't really give rat's
a$$ anymore.

Old December 13th 03, 11:21 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:37:48 -0600, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Mr. V's tactics reputedly go beyond Usenet postings.

It might explain why he was bounced out of the Sierra Club. But his
real problem is that his ideal human-free wilderness is only a
mountain biker free wilderness. He sees no problem with humans
driving into the wilderness in 4x4s and wandering round, it's only
when they have bikes they become an issue for him.

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old December 13th 03, 02:44 PM
EVSolutions

Default ARBR has gone downhill-OT

Tom
Canyou email a pic of the Dragonflyer, when my PS crashed all my Dragonflyer
pics went to heaven and I have been missing my view of the trike. The pic
showing the MAXXIS label on the tires is good.

Joshua
*****