Since the road rage thread has devolved I'll tell my story...

Old September 7th 04, 02:41 AM
Frank Krygowski

Preston Crawford wrote:

[about a cyclist-skateboarder interaction with a rude cyclist]

I'm reminded about psychology experiments, where volunteer college kids
were paid to play the parts of prisoners and guards.

After a fairly short time, those paid to be "prisoners" started trying
to find ways to break the rules and hassle the guards. Those paid to be
"guards" began finding ways to demean the prisoners.

Many people have attitudes that are governed by the rolls they play.

And in the bike lane, that jerk cyclist apparently played the role of a
dominant operator of a vehicle that was "supposed" to be there - and he
obviously felt you were not.

Hmmm. I wonder how he treats cyclists when he's driving his SUV?

I wonder how he treats pedestrians?

--
--------------------+
replace with cc.ysu dot edu]

Old September 7th 04, 02:42 AM
Dan Daniel

http://www.prisonexp.org/

Old September 7th 04, 03:28 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"Frank Krygowski" wrote in message ...
And in the bike lane, that jerk cyclist apparently played the role of a
dominant operator of a vehicle that was "supposed" to be there - and he
obviously felt you were not.

In the ideal world there would be no skateboarders, rollerbladders,
runners, mountainbikers, recumbents, hybrid bikeriders, commuter
cyclists, tourist type riders, newbies, and other FRED type riders.

I really don't like those types.

Old September 7th 04, 05:23 AM
Luigi de Guzman

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 13:16:32 -0500, Preston Crawford
wrote:

I don't know. There aren't really any clear rules on skateboards. I think
as long as I'm behaving responsibly, the bike lane seems fine. I can go
just about as fast on a longboard as some of the slower cyclists go, so I
figure, what's the difference?

Most of the skateboarders I see around here in town are a lot less
predictable than even cyclists or pedestrians.

-Luigi

Preston

Old September 7th 04, 05:25 AM
Luigi de Guzman

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:28:44 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
wrote:

"Frank Krygowski" wrote in message ...
And in the bike lane, that jerk cyclist apparently played the role of a
dominant operator of a vehicle that was "supposed" to be there - and he
obviously felt you were not.

In the ideal world there would be no skateboarders, rollerbladders,
runners, mountainbikers, recumbents, hybrid bikeriders, commuter
cyclists, tourist type riders, newbies, and other FRED type riders.

I really don't like those types.

Reminds me of that "Twilight Zone" episode, titled "All the Time in
the World"

-Luigi

Old September 7th 04, 07:14 AM
cheg

wrote:

In the ideal world there would be no skateboarders, rollerbladders,
runners, mountainbikers, recumbents, hybrid bikeriders, commuter
cyclists, tourist type riders, newbies, and other FRED type riders.

I really don't like those types.

Reminds me of that "Twilight Zone" episode, titled "All the Time in
the World"

-Luigi

Then when everyone else was gone he'd break his Bolles and never be able to ride
again.