North Umpqua trail in Oregon

Old July 5th 06, 03:25 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default North Umpqua trail in Oregon

Hello,

I am new to this but I am planning on doing a 4 day bike/backpacking trip on
the north Umpqua trail (I think that's right) in Southern Oregon. We are
all fairly new to this and I did notice it is single track. Are there
anything that we novices need to know as far as the trail goes. We are in
good shape but I know the technicality of the trail can make a difference.
I also wonder if there is a protocol for avoiding bikers coming the other
way (especially when close to a bend where you may not see the person until
you are a few feet from them). I realize this is a broad question but any
insight or info would be greatly appreciated.

Luke

Dakota Ridge Trail [ratings are severe] - Denver, Colorado [email protected] Mountain Biking 24 December 5th 05 06:24 PM
SW Ohio Bike Trail News Garrison Hilliard General 0 February 16th 05 07:15 PM
Katy Trail,RR TBGibb Rides 2 December 10th 04 03:05 AM
RR: The Whoopdeedoo trail, Hood River, Oregon Gwood Mountain Biking 6 November 9th 04 09:58 PM
Perkiomen Trail completed in Philadelphia area. Bill Cotton Rides 10 December 5th 03 04:01 PM