Rides close to Salt Lake City

Old June 19th 06, 06:02 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Rides close to Salt Lake City

I will be taking my family to Lagoon water park in Salt Lake City, Utah
in a few weeks. I would rather ride then hang out at the park, so I am
looking for trails close by that I can drive to. Anybody have
recommendations?

Regards,

Mike Kennedy

Old June 19th 06, 09:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

JD wrote:
Mike Kennedy wrote:
I will be taking my family to Lagoon water park in Salt Lake City, Utah
in a few weeks. I would rather ride then hang out at the park, so I am
looking for trails close by that I can drive to. Anybody have
recommendations?

Regards,

Mike Kennedy

Park City

JD

Park City is about 1.5 - 2 hours from Lagoon. Lagoon is actually 40min
north of Salt Lake. Muller Park in Bountiful would be fun:

http://www.utah.com/bike/trails/mueller_park.htm

A little farther south (next to the U of U) is Dry creek (part of the
shoreline trail) - another great ride:

http://www.cyclingutah.com/oct/oct99/totm.html

-nate

Old June 20th 06, 01:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Mike Kennedy" wrote in message
I will be taking my family to Lagoon water park in Salt Lake City, Utah
in a few weeks. I would rather ride then hang out at the park, so I am
looking for trails close by that I can drive to. Anybody have
recommendations?

Regards,

Mike Kennedy

I'm no expert on the area but I enjoyed the Wasatch Crest Trail and it
wasn't too far from the city. I was only in town for one day travelling and
riding/hiking with my wife a couple years ago.

http://www.utah.com/bike/trails/wasatch_crest.htm

Drew

Old June 20th 06, 01:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

DP Wrote:

I'm no expert on the area but I enjoyed the Wasatch Crest Trail and it
wasn't too far from the city. I was only in town for one day travelling and
riding/hiking with my wife a couple years ago.

http://www.utah.com/bike/trails/wasatch_crest.htm

Still snow on the Crest Trail.....

nate

Old June 22nd 06, 11:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Llatikcuf wrote:
JD wrote:
Mike Kennedy wrote:
I will be taking my family to Lagoon water park in Salt Lake City, Utah
in a few weeks. I would rather ride then hang out at the park, so I am
looking for trails close by that I can drive to. Anybody have
recommendations?

Regards,

Mike Kennedy

Park City

JD

Park City is about 1.5 - 2 hours from Lagoon.

That's close enough for me. Sme people travel that far for their
weekly fix. I would rather ride PC than any Front trails because of
the crowds on the Front trails and lower quality of the Front trails.

JD

Old June 23rd 06, 04:26 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Llatikcuf" wrote in message
ps.com...
Still snow on the Crest Trail.....

nate

That snow should be gone in a couple weeks, I think.

I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
the most insidious of traitors."
George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,
Old June 24th 06, 04:07 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Raptor wrote:
"Llatikcuf" wrote in message
ps.com...
Still snow on the Crest Trail.....

nate

That snow should be gone in a couple weeks, I think.

Looking at the north-facing slopes of the higher peaks, I see rather
little snow. I suspect the Crest is rideable today, with possible short
pushes required to clear snow.

Old July 5th 06, 02:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Well Mueller Park was a very fun trail to ride, in fact I rode it 2 days in
a row so that I could add the North Canyon trail on as well. I would love to
do this trail as a night ride.

Mike

"Mike Kennedy" wrote in message
Thank you for the repsonses.