Breakfast Ride

Old July 5th 06, 04:27 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Breakfast Ride

My first ride on the bike since getting up here and I chose to ride down the mountain to Ridgway (road ride), about 18.4 miles,
mostly down. Found Sandy's place closed so headed for the bakery only to find a long wait but managed to talk my way into sitting
at the bar for breakfast. Short stack with side of bacon and coffee, yum!

I managed to mess up the settings on the gps so didn't get the route going down. Bike computer showed a max speed of 42 mph going
down the east side of Dallas (blacktop) coasting in a tuck. The ride was fairly uneventful except that I managed to do the 36.8
miles in 2:57 with 3400 feet of elevation gain. The legs are feeling it now.

Some may not consider it a mountain bike ride but I was on a mountain bike in the mountains with the lowest elevation being at 6870
feet and the high at just under 9100 spinning WTB 2.4 Mutanoraptors at 50 psi and still managed to average a respectable 12.3 mph
for the trip.

I feel better now......

Gary

Old July 5th 06, 05:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

GeeDubb wrote:
[...]

Pffftttt! You best not be taking me on some dang road ride! I'll have
to bring this:

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/co1.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/co2.jpg

Yes, it's a POS REI brand, but for commuting it was worth the $$$. It
had a few scratches on it so I got it dirt cheap. Hey, it's steel, all
Tiagra, rides pretty nice, has cool fenders, and was half the cost of a
Surly Cross-Check.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old July 6th 06, 12:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message ...
GeeDubb wrote:
My first ride on the bike since getting up here and I chose to ride down the mountain to Ridgway (road ride), about 18.4 miles,
mostly down.

Pffftttt! You best not be taking me on some dang road ride! I'll have to bring this:

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/co1.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/co2.jpg

Yes, it's a POS REI brand, but for commuting it was worth the $$$. It had a few scratches on it so I got it dirt cheap. Hey,
it's steel, all Tiagra, rides pretty nice, has cool fenders, and was half the cost of a Surly Cross-Check.

No road ride for you. If Craig doesn't call or send an email on times and meeting places for Sunday's ride then I have three HARD
rides near here that can make a man out of you........ all single track.

Gary

Old July 6th 06, 12:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

Pffftttt! You best not be taking me on some dang road ride! I'll have
to bring this:

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/co1.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/co2.jpg

Yes, it's a POS REI brand, but for commuting it was worth the $$$. It
had a few scratches on it so I got it dirt cheap. Hey, it's steel, all
Tiagra, rides pretty nice, has cool fenders, and was half the cost of a
Surly Cross-Check.

Very nice. They've got some great commuter/tourer bikes. I would have
bought a Novara but at the time the stores just didn't have the model I was
looking at.

Greg