north Umpqua trail oregon

Old July 5th 06, 03:32 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default north Umpqua trail oregon

Myself and two friends are planning on biking the north fork of the Umpqua
trail in Oregon in a couple of weeks: It will be a four day bike/backpack
trip. We are all novices to this type of expedition so any insight into
problems we should prepare ourselves for would be greatly appreciated. For
example what protocol should we follow to prevent crashing into those coming
the other way near bends or even who yields when there is warning. Also any
good info about the trail and any potential danger spots would be
appreciated as well as any general advice. I realize this is a broad
question but I would greatly appreciate any relevant info.

Thanx,

Luke

Old July 5th 06, 04:05 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Luke" wrote in message
. ..
Myself and two friends are planning on biking the north fork of the Umpqua
trail in Oregon in a couple of weeks: It will be a four day bike/backpack
trip. We are all novices to this type of expedition so any insight into
problems we should prepare ourselves for would be greatly appreciated.

You guys hauling BOB's? If not, what exactly is a bike backpack trip? Riding
with packs?

There was a RR last week about a portion of that trail, look for a post
last week "dread and terror"....

ps

Old July 5th 06, 04:35 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

small change wrote:
You guys hauling BOB's? If not, what exactly is a bike backpack trip? Riding
with packs?

There was a RR last week about a portion of that trail, look for a post
last week "dread and terror"....

LOL! I heard they just changed their trip to Wildwood, NJ.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Dakota Ridge Trail [ratings are severe] - Denver, Colorado [email protected] Mountain Biking 24 December 5th 05 06:24 PM
SW Ohio Bike Trail News Garrison Hilliard General 0 February 16th 05 07:15 PM
Katy Trail,RR TBGibb Rides 2 December 10th 04 03:05 AM
RR: The Whoopdeedoo trail, Hood River, Oregon Gwood Mountain Biking 6 November 9th 04 09:58 PM
Perkiomen Trail completed in Philadelphia area. Bill Cotton Rides 10 December 5th 03 04:01 PM