Will the real successor to the original Stingray please stand up?

Old March 4th 05, 04:32 AM
Werehatrack

Default Will the real successor to the original Stingray please stand up?

Apparently, somebody at Pacific fianlly figured out that the current
Schwinn Stingray is neither a success nor anything resembling the
original version...and decided to resurrect the real thing in the
Roadmaster line.

http://tinyurl.com/4kb4c

or

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...=5&de pt=4171

The banana seat, 20" wheels (albeit with WAY too many spokes), and
tall bars (with a BMX stem this time; an improvement IMO) are all
present, alhough the frame appears to be aluminum (or perhaps chrome
plated steel; hard to say from the photo) and the model name is
oh-so-last-year; "bling-bling".

It will be interesting to see how long it is before the original
version's shortcomings are discovered to have been resurrected with
the ghost of Christmas past here.

Old March 4th 05, 04:37 AM
Werehatrack

I spoke too soon.

http://www.schwinnbike.com/products/...gory.php?id=50

The real Stingray has been reinserted into the Schwinn line as well.

Everything old is new again...

Old March 4th 05, 05:13 AM
Matt O'Toole

Werehatrack wrote:

I spoke too soon.

http://www.schwinnbike.com/products/...gory.php?id=50

The real Stingray has been reinserted into the Schwinn line as well.

Everything old is new again...

I thought they made repros several years ago too.

Matt O.

Old March 4th 05, 11:14 AM
Ken Marcet

"Werehatrack" wrote in message
Apparently, somebody at Pacific fianlly figured out that the current
Schwinn Stingray is neither a success nor anything resembling the
original version...and decided to resurrect the real thing in the
Roadmaster line.

http://tinyurl.com/4kb4c

or

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...=5&de pt=4171

The banana seat, 20" wheels (albeit with WAY too many spokes), and
tall bars (with a BMX stem this time; an improvement IMO) are all
present, alhough the frame appears to be aluminum (or perhaps chrome
plated steel; hard to say from the photo) and the model name is
oh-so-last-year; "bling-bling".

It will be interesting to see how long it is before the original
version's shortcomings are discovered to have been resurrected with
the ghost of Christmas past here.

Now that is the "classic" style that I remember as a little kid! I thought
they were the coolest thing!
I remember my friend from the neighborhood had one, I don't remember if it
was a real schwinn, but at sure looked like that,
but his had a real tall sissy bar on the back.

Ken

Old March 4th 05, 06:57 PM

It's 10 pounds heavier than my full size Trek hybrid...and that
includes racks and fenders.

Old March 6th 05, 09:19 PM
Josh McClure

The Pea picker is available as well in a slightly darker and bluer
shade than the original.

Josh McClure

South West trains doesn't want cyclists as 'customers'... Howard UK 363 July 20th 04 11:42 PM
UK: Real Ale Wobble... keg Unicycling 9 June 6th 04 11:04 PM
Advice on my first 'real' road bike please! Weezerbot Techniques 22 August 23rd 03 01:05 PM
Cheap Bikes vs expensive bikes - what are the real differences? The Real Slim Shady UK 8 August 13th 03 08:30 PM