Look Cleat screw threads?

Old March 8th 05, 01:03 AM
Steve Niece

Default Look Cleat screw threads?

Can anyone tell me what the threading is for a set of screws on Look
cleats? The ones I have are all stripped, so it's quite difficult to
match up the threads to a new screw.

Thanks,
Stephen
Old March 8th 05, 02:15 AM
JeffWills

Steve Niece wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the threading is for a set of screws on Look
cleats? The ones I have are all stripped, so it's quite difficult to

match up the threads to a new screw.

Thanks,
Stephen

I assume you mean the threads in the shoes- Look cleats have no
threads.

The shoes I've seen are metric- 5mm x 0.8mm pitch or M5 thread.

Jeff the Smartass

Old March 8th 05, 03:04 AM
Steve Niece

Yes, sorry...the threads in the shoe, guess I should have been more
clear. Thanks for the answer though! Just got a new pair of Pearl
Izumi Viper's I'm itching to ride.

Stephen

Old March 8th 05, 04:56 AM
A Muzi

Steve Niece wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the threading is for a set of screws on Look
cleats? The ones I have are all stripped, so it's quite difficult to
match up the threads to a new screw.

M5 and the original pan head Look screw length is 12mm.

(M5 standard screws are 0.8mm pitch)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Time cleat vs. Eggbeater cleat [email protected] Mountain Biking 2 January 4th 05 02:45 PM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
BB Sizing question-- English threads and 70mm width? Jim Rogers Techniques 3 December 23rd 03 01:44 PM
Cleat Positioning. None Racing 4 July 15th 03 10:50 PM