City Cycling

Old August 1st 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danny Colyer

Default City Cycling

Anyone know who this is? I'm sure he looks familiar:
http://citycycling.co.uk/issue38/issue38cover.html

--
Danny Colyer

'http://www.redpedals.co.uk' (http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/)
"I don't think proofreading is adequate. All posts should be waxed and
buffed. Then they should wear little tuxedos." - Greg Harper on usenet
Old August 2nd 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

He's...some guy on a giraffe.

Giraffe riders are generally not well-known in the unicyclist
community.
But that one might give even the tallest real giraffes a run for
their..uh...greens?

--
hobo_chuck

~-Just 'cause you're 7 feet tall doesn't mean you should be learning on
a 29er.-
Old August 2nd 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

hobo_chuck wrote:
He's...some guy on a giraffe.

Giraffe riders are generally not well-known in the unicyclist
community.
But that one might give even the tallest real giraffes a run for
their..uh...greens?

Whos to say all he does is ride a giraffe?

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game** - Follow the 'progress.'
(http://www.projectuni.com)'Munimage - The Imagery of Mountain
Unicycling.'
Old August 2nd 08, 11:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danny Colyer

hobo_chuck wrote:
He's...some guy on a giraffe.

Giraffe riders are generally not well-known in the unicyclist
community.

He looks to be a professional street entertainer, on the front cover of
a UK magazine. In the UK, at least, professional street entertainers
are often fairly well known among parts of the unicycling community,
particularly given that a great many of us are also part of the
juggling community.

Old August 2nd 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jamessd

He must have some guts to ride in such a small area, if he fell back or
forwards the crowd would get it!

--
jamessd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCsb3y-YOSk
Add me, but tel me who you are :

Kieron wrote:
I tell u wat they would have to be a very commited pedo to learn to ride
a unicycle in order to mingle with us, steel one of us and rape us in a
bush.

Old August 2nd 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

Whoever he is it is great to see a unicycle on the cover of a magazine.
Was there an article in it about unicycling?

--
rem48
Old August 2nd 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

I'll wager he can't FlyMo and toss down a pint on that thing, though.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith
Old August 2nd 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
domesticated ape

rem48 wrote:
Whoever he is it is great to see a unicycle on the cover of a magazine.
Was there an article in it about unicycling?

You can look if you want, it's an online magazine so you can look at it
all by following the link in the OP.

It's not very likely though, CityCycling usually just has a cool photo
on the front that's related to cycling but not necessarily to any of
the magazine contents.

--
domesticated ape
Old August 2nd 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danny Colyer

I've just had an e-mail from the editor, whose webstats show a lot of
people visiting the site from this thread!

He mentioned that there's a guy in Edinburgh who commutes regularly by
unicycle - anyone know who that might be? I don't think I know any
Scottish unicyclists.

--
Danny Colyer

'http://www.redpedals.co.uk' (http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/)
"I don't think proofreading is adequate. All posts should be waxed and
buffed. Then they should wear little tuxedos." - Greg Harper on usenet

England's first cycling city???? Martin Dann UK 10 February 26th 08 07:11 PM
City Cycling down? Danny Colyer UK 3 July 16th 07 09:12 PM
City Cycling 24 David Martin UK 0 May 5th 07 01:49 PM
Cycling In the City Gooserider General 2 November 30th 04 10:57 AM
Nr 3 cycling city. Simon Mason UK 8 February 27th 04 03:52 PM