Helmet week next week on my new Blog & Question about Helmets!

Old March 17th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Helmet week next week on my new Blog & Question about Helmets!

Hello all,

I just started a Blog, http://wwww.101bike.com, which will run for the
next 101 days, now 97 to be exact..

Anyway the idea is to get to know as much as possible about bikes,
parts, gear etc sothat I can buy the perfect bike on 21 June. (the
first day of summer).

Besides that I want to discover the power of Blogging, a medium to meet

new people through and start conversations.

I want to have a new topic every week. Next week will be Helmet week!

Besides you opinions and expereince with helmets, I wouldlike to know
something more specific:

Is there a famous biker I should/could contact who has a 'good'
expereince with helmets. In mean that if hadn't worn a helmet he would
have had a serious problem. I want to interview him/her for my blog.

Check out my blog http://wwww.101bike.com post a comment, link your
blog to it and help me learn and experience the internet till it's full

potential.

(sub goal: being number 1 in Google search on 'bike' for one day.
Organic search..)

Thanks!

Happy riding.

Mathijs

Old March 17th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

101bike wrote:

I just started a Blog, http://wwww.101bike.com, which will run for the
next 101 days, now 97 to be exact..

Umm, that domain is parked.

RFM
http://www.cyclelicio.us/

Old March 17th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 16 Mar 2006 20:18:33 -0800, "Fritz M" wrote:

101bike wrote:

I just started a Blog, http://wwww.101bike.com, which will run for the
next 101 days, now 97 to be exact..

Umm, that domain is parked.

Remove the superfluous w from the url and it works just fine.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old March 17th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

101bike wrote:

I just started a Blog, http://wwww.101bike.com, which will run for
the next 101 days, now 97 to be exact..

Umm, that domain is parked.

Remove the superfluous w from the url and it works just fine.

Ah. Thought there might be a WEALLY Wide World Web now...

Bill "BTW, 101, 'put holes'???" S.

Old March 17th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Sorni wrote:
Bill "BTW, 101, 'put holes'???" S.

Yeah dude, they're really dangerouws.

Old March 17th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

perhaps try http://www.101bike.com

(sorry for misspelling)

Old March 17th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Sorni wrote:
'put holes'???

That is how it is pronounced in Canadian.

Old March 17th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
Sorni wrote:

'put holes'???

That is how it is pronounced in Canadian.

Pronounced AND spelled?

Bill "oot" S.

Old March 17th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

This is probably off topic since I'm not going to talk about (or on)
the blog...

Anyway, I hate the modern helmet head-clamps. They don't add any
safety, and they can trick you into thinking a poorly adjusted helmet
is properly adjusted since it feels firm on your head.

So, I look for the least invasive head clamps I can find when buying a
helmet. My current '04 Specialized has a single support for the clamp,
that can be backed off to where it barely touches me when the straps
are loose. When I firm up the straps, it feels pretty good.

I hate the stays from the clamp to the sides of the hemet that you see
on Giros and Bells (at least back in '04). They can break too easily,
and it's difficult to minimize the clamp's influence on the helmet.
Actually, I dislike the entire internal headband on these helmets.

Let the pads and straps do their jobs!

-Mike

Helmets week on my new blog, a question regarding helmets and my blog. 101bike Racing 7 March 18th 06 03:14 AM
Lords debate on helmet amendment (long) Just zis Guy, you know? UK 17 December 2nd 05 04:25 PM
[Long] ASA vs CTC Not Responding UK 18 January 20th 05 12:36 AM
Does public health care pay for your head injuries? John Doe UK 187 November 30th 04 02:51 PM