The Deadly Truth of Shoelaces. (post your shoelace related adventures here)

Old September 7th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

Default The Deadly Truth of Shoelaces. (post your shoelace related adventures here)

I just got my shoelace wrapped around my pedal and was spinning so fast
that I ripped it clean off.

I didn't even notice until I went down to tie my shoe and saw that half
the lace was missing.

I admit, I should have realized something was up when the unicycle went
flying out in front of me instead of remaining attached to my foot, but
I HAD been going quite fast and was a little shaken. I may or may not
have been able to hop out of it had I been on the one foot.

How about you? I know at least one of you has broken something because
of a shoelace.

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).
Old September 7th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

nimblelight wrote:
I just got my shoelace wrapped around my pedal and was spinning so fast
that I ripped it clean off.

I didn't even notice until I went down to tie my shoe and saw that half
the lace was missing.

I admit, I should have realized something was up when the unicycle went
flying out in front of me instead of remaining attached to my foot, but
I HAD been going quite fast and was a little shaken. I may or may not
have been able to hop out of it had I been on the one foot.

How about you? I know at least one of you has broken something because
of a shoelace.

I once forgot to tie my shoe as I was approaching a 5 stair in
pensylvania. It was a really long and abnormally tall 5 set, in which
my shoelace got caught between the frame and the tire just before I
went to jump. Probably my worst bail to date. Landed on my arm and had
a huge bruise. Never broken anything, knock on wood.

--
beeper

)-90'-UNISPIN-O

'SixSixOne' (SixSixOne.com)
Old September 7th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wheel Rider

The first time I wrapped a shoelace (nylon) around a pedal, I was lining
up for a parade and ended up laying in the street in front of a bunch of
people.

The second time I wrapped a shoelace (cotton) around a pedal, I felt a
big tug and the shoelace broke but I stayed upright on the unicycle.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips

The art of medicine consists of keeping the patient amused while nature
heals the disease. - Voltaire
Old September 7th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jamessd

nimblelight wrote:
I just got my shoelace wrapped around my pedal and was spinning so fast
that I ripped it clean off.

I didn't even notice until I went down to tie my shoe and saw that half
the lace was missing.

I admit, I should have realized something was up when the unicycle went
flying out in front of me instead of remaining attached to my foot, but
I HAD been going quite fast and was a little shaken. I may or may not
have been able to hop out of it had I been on the one foot.

How about you? I know at least one of you has broken something because
of a shoelace.

I have done exactly the same thing as you.

I went through the stage where you thinkg *oh bugger I can feel my foot
pulling, I know what's coming up* but then a big relief when it snapped
off and I kept going

--
jamessd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCsb3y-YOSk
Add me, but tel me who you are :

scott aka 1-wheeled-grape wrote:
I could never do yoga... I'm too fat I was forced to do it in primary
school and the results were by no means fun

Old September 7th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

Very recently this happened.
My friend and I (he on his bike and me on my unicycle). He rode with me
down his street because I was heading home. So once I was about 10
meters away from him, my lousy and long shoelace got caught around my
pedal and it sent me off the seat and hitting the ground, getting
scratces and pain. But at that moment, just seconds before I had fell
off, I saw my friend on the ground with his shoelace caught somewhere
in his bike!

And shoelaces are not rare to get stuck on the pedal for me .

--
Unisykolist

*Watch me attempt a 2 meter (6-7 foot) drop on a unicycle and stack it,
watch it on - *www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
Old September 7th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Left side is accident waiting to happen! Tuck 'em in!
28495

Oh, and I finally cleaned my kitchen! (And fridge..it was a most
frightening sight!)

28496

28497

|Filename: DSC05340.JPG |

MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old September 7th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

MuniAddict wrote:

Oh, and I finally cleaned my kitchen! (And fridge..it was a most
frightening sight!)

Oh, and that's not random in the least! (And yes..I've had quite a
few shoelace dismounts!)

The only reason the laces snapped is all the stress I've put them
through in the past. This is lucky, because I was going faster than
any of the other times. I snapped the lace with so much force that my
other foot was thrown off the pedal and the lace still was giving
enough torque to then throw the unicycle.

Old September 7th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

nimblelight wrote:
Oh, and that's not random in the least!

Haha, the only reason I mentioned that, is because a recent video I
posted showed me in my kitchen, and at least one person posted that I
should clean it: (I took his advice! )

This was an excerpt of his comment:

'Enoch' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=16924)

Age: 46

Nice old tunes. I'm Always eager to see a new Unigeezer clip

*CLEAN UP that kitchen, *

On another note...I thought I was the only one that kept his camelbacks
in the fridge. I do keep mine in a garage refridge, not the one in the
main kitchen. My wife would blow a gasket if I did.

Thanks for the clip

Old September 7th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pigs on Unicycles

MuniAddict wrote:
Left side is accident waiting to happen! Tuck 'em in!
28495

What shoes are those? Do they have good grip?

Pigs

--
Pigs on Unicycles

Blisters are like people, at first you are anoyed with them but soon
you're at peace with them, and by that time they're gone.

Homework kills trees! Stop the MADNESS!!
Old September 7th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Barasackee

I've killed a few sets of headphones by having them fall out of my ears
into the spokes. It sucks like a popsicle to not be able to listen
while riding.

As far as shoe laces, i've had them wrapped up so tight that when i try
to go bail, my feet end up staying on. Also sucks like a popsicle.

--
Barasackee

I AM HERE TO POST THE TRUTH ONLY! ed_dolan_jimmy_macnamara Recumbent Biking 0 October 24th 06 08:21 PM
Assault with a deadly weapon - a car? dannyfrankszzz UK 26 September 25th 05 01:31 PM
Shoelace endo hedge Unicycling 3 May 12th 05 05:15 PM
Yet another deadly motorist David Hansen UK 3 February 11th 05 11:21 AM
spd pedal and shoelace Yum Techniques 9 October 25th 04 08:34 PM