Folding Anyone?

Old November 29th 05, 02:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Folding Anyone?

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic wrote:
The Python Police wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:
wvantwiller wrote:

For the uninitiated, that sort of reasoning comes under the
category of "Are You Suggesting Coconuts Migrate", doesn't it??

"They could have been carried by a swallow" ;-)

"It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of
weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound
coconut."

It could be carried by an African swallow

Get yer trousers on sunshine, you're nicked!

I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition!

The only reason this thread is still on its perch is because it's been
nailed to it!

Pete.

Groups pared to ARBR only.

The Tony Raven -Tom Sherman dialogues are a prime example of what can happen
to a newsgroup when mindless banter takes over. It can literally drive a
newsgroup into nothing but drivel. I give you the Aussie bicycle group as an
example of what I am talking about. Tony and Tom ought to take their show to
email instead of subjecting this august and honorable group to their
mindless banter.

Please note that the Great Ed Dolan has never been guilty of mindless
banter. My banter has mind connected to it and has always been substantial,
not mere fluff like this stuff.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old November 29th 05, 03:55 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Tony Raven wrote:
wvantwiller wrote:

[...]

NONSENSE!

Rule No. 1 of Usenet. "The Holy Grail" is on-topic on all threads on
all newsgroups.

"The Holy Grail" is to movies what the Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer
[TM] [1] is to recumbent bicycles.

[1] The most fun bicycle in the known universe.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old November 29th 05, 04:10 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc

Tony Raven wrote:
wvantwiller wrote:

For the uninitiated, that sort of reasoning comes under the
category of "Are You Suggesting Coconuts Migrate", doesn't it??

"They could have been carried by a swallow" ;-)

"It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of
weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound
coconut."

It could be carried by an African swallow

Get yer trousers on sunshine, you're nicked!

I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition!

Quick! Name their weapons!

The only reason this thread is still on its perch is because it's been
nailed to it!

This thread is pining for the fjords.
(straining to get back on topic)
Which is a reminder that trikes are good on ice in the winter.

Old November 29th 05, 04:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
The Tony Raven -Tom Sherman dialogues are a prime example of what can
happen
to a newsgroup when mindless banter takes over. It can literally drive a
newsgroup into nothing but drivel. I give you the Aussie bicycle group as
an
example of what I am talking about. Tony and Tom ought to take their show
email instead of subjecting this august and honorable group to their
mindless banter.

Please note that the Great Ed Dolan has never been guilty of mindless
banter. My banter has mind connected to it and has always been
substantial,
not mere fluff like this stuff.

NONSENSE!

Rule No. 1 of Usenet. "The Holy Grail" is on-topic on all threads on
all newsgroups.

[...]

The only Holy Grail I know about is the one associated with the opera by
Wagner, "Parsifal." This is one of the longest, most boring operas of all
time. In fact, it is so boring that it is usually only performed during the
Easter season to go along with all the other boring activities associated
with the Resurrection.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old November 29th 05, 07:28 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc

In the van, sunshine, you're nicked.

The Python Police
Old November 29th 05, 08:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc

The Python Police wrote:
In the van, sunshine, you're nicked.

The Python Police

I didn't join the police force just to wear the helmets you know. That
just happens to be one of the little perks. There are plenty of jobs
where I could have worn a helmet, but not such a nice helmet. This
helmet, I think, beats even some of the more elaborate helmets worn by
the Tsar's private army, the so-called Axi red warriors......

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old November 30th 05, 11:20 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On 29 Nov 2005 19:29:14 -0800, said in
.com:

I guess you've figured out by now that you are not permitted to get old
on this group. Old is for folks who can't consider a bike at all.
Equilibrium issues? This might be your excuse to get the bike you
should have bought 20 years ago, a tadpole. Strength issues? Get
gears. Stamina issues? Coast a lot. Traffic issues? Get a real loud
horn. Fold to fit in a car? Get the right tr/bike and leave the car at
home. Garage space issues? Keep it in a covered trailer-- ground
level and ready to travel. Us FOG's often prefer something a bit more
upright than the young'uns consider fasionable. Venice Beach maybe?
S&B Recumbents.
http://home.pacbell.net/recumbnt/page6.html But I'd
prefer a 63-speed ground hugger, myself. Worlwide, there must be 50
builders of tadpoles. Search carefully and get the very best you can.
Then stay in training so you can keep ahead of the grim reaper, a
confirmed pedestrian.

applause

So true, too :-)

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Folding Anyone? Carl General 28 November 29th 05 08:03 PM
How to Park a Folding Bike? Elisa Francesca Roselli General 31 November 16th 04 10:46 PM
Issues with folding bicycles on European trains? Tom Worthington UK 52 July 16th 04 06:47 PM
Issues with folding bicycles on European trains? Tom Worthington Australia 39 July 16th 04 06:47 PM
Which kind of folding bike 2 buy? danscott7 General 1 September 28th 03 04:26 AM