how do you determine your skill at MTB'ing?

Old December 22nd 05, 05:15 AM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike

Default how do you determine your skill at MTB'ing?

What is the measure to determine if you are an advanced, medium, or
novice at MTBing (your total skillset) ?

Is rating someone "supreme" determined on their ability to climb
technical sections, or go down them? Which is harder in your opinion -
? I think going down sections in Dakota Ridge as well as Deer Creek
Canyons "Wall", is far more dangerous, and far more demanding on timing
& balance, than going up these sections, but I'm not sure how rating
your skills is done, is it done soley on your skills going up, skills
going down, or both?

I mean, I can go down the rock gardens mentioned above, but I can't
climb them, but at the same time climbing them isn't dangerous, going
down them is, so how can it be fair to say climbing is harder than
descending, when the danger of being hurt or killed is in descending?

Am I incorrect in these introspective conclusions of acumen?

Old December 22nd 05, 09:14 AM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike

Yes. In short your talking a load of ********, just get out and ride.

Old December 22nd 05, 01:16 PM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike

"MANOFTRUTH" wrote in message
oups.com...
What is the measure to determine if you are an advanced, medium, or
novice at MTBing (your total skillset) ?

I never knew masturbating had skill-sets.

Old December 22nd 05, 01:46 PM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike

Per MANOFTRUTH:
What is the measure to determine if you are an advanced, medium, or
novice at MTBing (your total skillset) ?

- Barney: No injuries whatsoever

- Beginner: Occasional shinburgers

- Intermediate: Broken collarbones, deep lacerations/puncture wounds

- Advanced: Major orthopaedic damage including torn shoulders, hand/finger
damage, and spinal cord/neck injuries
--
PeteCresswell
Old December 22nd 05, 03:11 PM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike

MANOFTRUTH wrote:
[...]

The true test is to smash all of your teeth out with a ball peen
hammer, drink a liter of Drano, light yourself on fire and jump out of
a 21st story window.
/s

Old December 22nd 05, 04:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default how do you determine your skill Trolling?

No Christmas cookies for you.

Snip
Old December 22nd 05, 05:22 PM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per MANOFTRUTH:

What is the measure to determine if you are an advanced, medium, or
novice at MTBing (your total skillset) ?

- Barney: No injuries whatsoever

- Beginner: Occasional shinburgers

- Intermediate: Broken collarbones, deep lacerations/puncture wounds

- Advanced: Major orthopaedic damage including torn shoulders, hand/finger
damage, and spinal cord/neck injuries

I don't think that's a measure of skill but a measure of a lack of brains.

Greg

--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late
The battles we fought were long and hard
Old December 22nd 05, 05:48 PM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike

MANOFTRUTH wrote:
snip

Am I incorrect in these introspective conclusions of acumen?

Yes.

Matt
Old December 22nd 05, 07:41 PM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike

Per G.T.:
I don't think that's a measure of skill but a measure of a lack of brains.

Agreed, but I couldn't come up with a smiley-type symbol for tongue-in-cheek.
--
PeteCresswell
Old December 24th 05, 06:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.life.sucks,alt.slack

What is the measure to determine if you are an advanced, medium, or
novice at MTBing (your total skillset) ?

Try to ride up Mount Everest dumbass!

Street Skill Levels fexnix Unicycling 80 January 21st 06 06:06 AM
10 Skill Levels James_Potter Unicycling 46 July 25th 05 12:28 AM
New Skill Levels skate4flip Unicycling 11 June 27th 05 03:17 AM
Help with Skill Level Modified Mount Rules TonyMelton Unicycling 3 July 22nd 04 11:01 PM
why MTB'ing should not be an environmental target N Grover Mountain Biking 36 December 16th 03 08:41 AM