Mixed Mode Commute

Old December 18th 03, 05:24 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Mixed Mode Commute

Aha! Early in the New Year (date not yet finalised) I will be starting a
new job at Milton near Abingdon, mixed-mode commute (bike to Reading
Station, train to Didcot Parkway, bike to Milton).

Who knows, I might even persuade SWMBO to let me buy that Brommie :-)

--
Guy
===

http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Old December 18th 03, 05:27 PM
Tony Raven

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
Aha! Early in the New Year (date not yet finalised) I will be starting a
new job at Milton near Abingdon, mixed-mode commute (bike to Reading
Station, train to Didcot Parkway, bike to Milton).

Who knows, I might even persuade SWMBO to let me buy that Brommie :-)

A bent Brommie of course as you couldn't possibly show your face here
otherwise after all you've said about upwrongs ;-)

Tony

Old December 18th 03, 05:28 PM
David Martin

On 18/12/03 5:24 pm, in article ,
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

Aha! Early in the New Year (date not yet finalised) I will be starting a
new job at Milton near Abingdon, mixed-mode commute (bike to Reading
Station, train to Didcot Parkway, bike to Milton).

Who knows, I might even persuade SWMBO to let me buy that Brommie :-)

You may be OK to leave a bike at Didcot and a bike at Reading.

Alternatively take up the challenge of a long commute on the bike ;-) It
must only be about 15-20 miles each way.

...d

Old December 18th 03, 05:56 PM
David Hansen

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:27:52 -0000 someone who may be "Tony Raven"
wrote this:-

A bent Brommie of course as you couldn't possibly show your face here
otherwise after all you've said about upwrongs ;-)

There was a conversion kit to produce just such a Brompton.

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.
Old December 18th 03, 06:02 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

"David Martin" wrote in message

Alternatively take up the challenge of a long commute on the bike ;-) It
must only be about 15-20 miles each way.

That's my plan for going home :-)

It is 20 miles by the most direct route, but at least one of the roads is
full of Safe Drivers doing their Safe Driving thing (and with the demolished
hedges to prove it).

--
Guy
===

http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Old December 18th 03, 06:08 PM
Tony Raven

David Hansen wrote:

There was a conversion kit to produce just such a Brompton.

Indeed there is http://www.tu-harburg.de/~skfcz/Brekki/brekki_en.html

Tony

Old December 18th 03, 06:10 PM
David Hansen

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:02:09 -0000 someone who may be "Just zis Guy,
you know?" wrote this:-

It is 20 miles by the most direct route, but at least one of the roads is
full of Safe Drivers doing their Safe Driving thing (and with the demolished
hedges to prove it).

Dangerous hedges as well.

They just leapt out in front of me, without looking. I couldn't do
anything to stop:-)

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.
Old December 18th 03, 09:54 PM
Robert Bruce

mae wedi ysgrifennu:
one of the
roads is full of Safe Drivers doing their Safe Driving thing (and
with the demolished hedges to prove it).

They'll be too busy looking at their speedos to keep their eyes on the road,
then ;-)

--
Rob

Please keep conversations in the newsgroup so that all may contribute
and benefit.

Old December 18th 03, 10:45 PM
Jon Martin

Just zis Guy, you know? was sufficiently re-animated to talk about Mixed
Mode Commute
"David Martin" wrote in message

Alternatively take up the challenge of a long commute on the bike ;-) It
must only be about 15-20 miles each way.

That's my plan for going home :-)

It is 20 miles by the most direct route, but at least one of the roads is
full of Safe Drivers doing their Safe Driving thing (and with the demolished
hedges to prove it).

That would be the "13 Bends of Death" - the single reason (13 single
reasons?) I don't cycle from Wallingford to Reading. Mind you, on
reflection, it's only drivers I've heard of being killed on that bit, so
maybe I should.....

Cheers
Jon
--
Why does everything nice I buy at the moment keep @##*%ing breaking?
NOT!! nospam=defblade
Old December 19th 03, 08:37 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

A bent Brommie of course as you couldn't possibly show your face here
otherwise after all you've said about upwrongs ;-)

Quite ;-) And the conversion kit to make a Brommie to a bent results in a
visually not nice looking machine at all, I'm afraid.

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune