Brake shoes doing some squealing

Old September 12th 04, 05:53 AM
Calm n Collected

Default Brake shoes doing some squealing

My front brakes are squealing.
They are touching the rim same as the rear.
Any suggestions on how to stop it.

Thanks.
Old September 12th 04, 05:59 AM
tcmedara

Calm n Collected wrote:
My front brakes are squealing.
They are touching the rim same as the rear.
Any suggestions on how to stop it.

Thanks.

The first line of attack w/ squealing brakes is to ensure they are "toed"
in. Check here for a quick primer on brake adjustment:
http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/...arbrakes.shtml

'Course I've got a set of XT v-brakes that squeal like hell no matter what I
do to 'em. Eventually I figure I'll just swap out the pads and see if that
works. It doesn't bother much so I haven't felt like going through the
effort of swapping pads and adjusting everything again.

Tom

Old September 15th 04, 05:59 AM
maxo

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:07:04 -0700, Calm n Collected wrote:

Now I am trying to find a bike odometer that lasts.

I've always had luck with the simple Cat-eyes that are usually on sale
somewhere for under 20usd. Their tiny front and rear LED lights are highly
recommended for urban trips as well. Easy to remove, batteries last a
couple months and simple. Best for being seen, not for country lanes. I
think Nashbar sells clones for a tenner.