RANS Vivo Fenders

Old December 16th 04, 05:51 PM
Pamela Dallas

Default RANS Vivo Fenders

RANS Vivo owners:

I'm considering purchasing a 2002 Vivo which does *not* have fenders,
which I consider essential for touring. This Vivo has a front shock
fork, but I don't remember name of the fork manufacturer.

Did RANS offer fenders for the Vivo? Do any of you have them mounted?
Any problems with mounting or with subsequent use?

Has anybody mounted Planet Bike fenders on their Vivo? Experience with
these fenders?

Old December 17th 04, 06:16 AM
avgrin

Pamela Dallas wrote:
RANS Vivo owners:

I'm considering purchasing a 2002 Vivo which does *not* have fenders,
which I consider essential for touring. This Vivo has a front shock
fork, but I don't remember name of the fork manufacturer.

Did RANS offer fenders for the Vivo? Do any of you have them mounted?
Any problems with mounting or with subsequent use?

Has anybody mounted Planet Bike fenders on their Vivo? Experience

with
these fenders?

I installed Planet Bike fenders on Vivo and it works great. If you
would like, I can send you a picture of it.
Victor

Old December 17th 04, 12:04 PM

This bike probably has RST shocks front and rear. The fork has to work
for you as is, since RST is no longer supporting it (i.e. you can't get
a heavier spring from them).

The CG moves as you move the seat, so tuning the suspension on this
bike can be tricky (eg front too soft and rear too firm, if you are
short).

Make sure the seat works. Make sure that when you have it set the way
you want it, the QR is not digging into the underside of the frame
tube. Also check to see that there is a plastic sleeve over the QR
shaft.

Make sure you don't feel the rear of the seat pan when you sit on it.

You can email me privately if you want to discuss further:
john riley 1 at rogers dot com

Rans Vivo avgrin Recumbent Biking 4 September 7th 04 11:21 AM
go my fenders for tailwind today johnson.. Recumbent Biking 6 August 7th 04 12:19 PM
Rack and trailer to fit a Rans Vivo john paul downey Recumbent Biking 7 July 30th 03 03:47 AM