'bent forum

Old May 21st 05, 03:06 PM
sam

Default 'bent forum

Just a quick announcement that another cycling forum (that's the name
of it) has a board dedicated to The Dark Side, if anyone's interested.
Pretty empty at the moment, but I'm a glass half full kinda guy: means
there's lots of room to grow.
/plug ends

---
Sam
http://www.bikereader.com/forum/index.php

Old May 21st 05, 04:49 PM
Edward Dolan

"sam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just a quick announcement that another cycling forum (that's the name
of it) has a board dedicated to The Dark Side, if anyone's interested.
Pretty empty at the moment, but I'm a glass half full kinda guy: means
there's lots of room to grow.
/plug ends

---
Sam
http://www.bikereader.com/forum/index.php

We recumbent cyclists are only interested in cycling forums devoted
exclusively to recumbents. What the rest of the cycling world is doing is of
no interest to us. We are an elite fraternity of cyclists and we only jabber
among ourselves. We are indeed the privileged few, but we do allow others to
join us. All you have to do is get a recumbent bicycle and abhor all upright
cyclists, vowing never to have anything to do with them or their confounded
bikes.

Moreover, ARBR is the only proper place for a recumbent cyclist to be,
provided we can keep the criminal trolls at bay.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old May 21st 05, 07:28 PM
DD

sam wrote:
Just a quick announcement that another cycling forum (that's the name
of it) has a board dedicated to The Dark Side, if anyone's interested.
Pretty empty at the moment, but I'm a glass half full kinda guy: means
there's lots of room to grow.
/plug ends

---
Sam
http://www.bikereader.com/forum/index.php

Thanks for that, have bookmarked.
We ARBRers purport to be an elite mob but if that were true then we'd be
more hypocritical than elite, we say we are the few whilst bemoaning the
lack of us and forever posting about some mainstream company that may or
has built a run of recumbents, we say that we are only about recumbents
but readily run to the sight of a folder or small-wheeled beast. In that
regard I must also thank you as I noticed the forum for Folders which
had an interesting thread about my Airimal.
I won't pass any judgement of those who ride our bikes and trikes, as to
the kind of people we are. It makes for interesting thoughts while out
riding but counts for little. In the real world motorists think the same
of all cyclists, on recumbent or not.

DD
Campaigning for ARBR to replace the troll with the trollope.
(Ed in a fancy dress?)
Old May 21st 05, 10:47 PM
Edward Dolan

"DD" wrote in message
sam wrote:
[...]

I believe there are very few us of us recumbent cyclists who have never
ridden an upright. In fact, by far the majority of us come to recumbents
after having spent many years riding uprights. Therefore, we know whereof we
speak. On the other hand, many if not most upright cyclists have never
ridden a recumbent and therefore they know not whereof they speak. And so it
is safe to say that we recumbent cyclists are in an altogether better
position to regard ourselves as superior to the run of the mill cyclist. The
fact is that we are an elite, or at the least I surely am!

Campaigning for ARBR to replace the troll with the trollope.
(Ed in a fancy dress?)

We need only concern ourselves with criminal trolls. Other kinds of trolls
do no harm and enliven up the place. After all, we do not want to die of
boredom and find ourselves in Hell with all the other dull types there.

Your lovable troll,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old May 22nd 05, 12:12 AM
DougC

Edward Dolan wrote:

We recumbent cyclists are only interested in cycling forums devoted
exclusively to recumbents. What the rest of the cycling world is doing is of
no interest to us. We are an elite fraternity of cyclists and we only jabber
among ourselves. We are indeed the privileged few, but we do allow others to
join us. All you have to do is get a recumbent bicycle and abhor all upright
cyclists, vowing never to have anything to do with them or their confounded
bikes.

Moreover, ARBR is the only proper place for a recumbent cyclist to be,
provided we can keep the criminal trolls at bay.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Yea but it makes it so easy to mock the upright forum posts that ask "I
have this expensive bike but my a$$ sure hurts whats a good seat to
get???" and then you can tell them to get a seat made by Rans,
Greenspeed, Easy Racer, Lightning,,,, yuk yuk yuk,,,,
Old May 22nd 05, 12:36 AM
Edward Dolan

"DougC" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

It is the difference between a saddle and a seat. Saddles are for upright
bikes and seats are for recumbent bikes. I leave it to any intelligent
person as to which is the more appropriate base on which to plant ourselves.
I have noted lots of easy chairs in the homes of my acquaintances, but I
have never noted any saddles in their homes. Further, I note that all cars
have seats in them and not saddles. However, motorcycles, like upright
bikes, have saddles and not seats, and they can get quite painful after a
few hours regardless of how much they are padded. No, we humans require
seats that we can lean back in and get some of the pressure off of our sit
bones. Saddles are for horses and cowboys. Thus spake Mr. Ed.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

The forum was hacked........... mucRider Unicycling 6 November 14th 04 09:38 PM
recumbents suck EVsolutions Recumbent Biking 30 September 10th 04 06:56 AM
Wheel and arm bent Roja Doja UK 40 August 13th 04 10:01 AM
Bicycle Mag -- Bent Stuff Joe Keenan Recumbent Biking 1 January 29th 04 03:44 PM