Recumbent Cyclist in Salvador Brazil

Old September 4th 05, 05:54 PM
Robert L Bass

Default Recumbent Cyclist in Salvador Brazil

I've spotted several 'bent Brasilieros during the month and
something that we've been here. Yesterday this gent passed me
while I was waiting at a light. We passed him a few moments
later and managed to catch this shot as he glided along the
beachfront road.

The "thumbs up" is the Brazilian version of our "OK" sign which
has an altogether different meaning when used here. :^)

http://photos.bassburglaralarms.com/..._Recumbent.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I returned to the renowned Igregia do Sao
Francisco, the finest example of baroque architecture in South
America if not the world. I brought my camera, prepared to spend
a few minutes recording the splendor of the church for the
benefit of friends and family back home.

Sadly, due to the frequent abuse of flash by tourists, the church
instituted a rule prohibiting all photography. No amount of
persuasion would get them to budge. (sniff)

Undaunted (or at least only somewhat so) I went outside and spoke
with the Policia Militar who was guarding the entrance to the
church. The PM was friendly and understood our predicament. I
took his photo and we chatted a while about tourists, Pelourinho,
police work, etc.

The next morning we returned before the church would open for
tourists and the faithful. The policeman unlocked the door, got
the caretaker to turn on the lights and we got to spend an hour
and a half in the sanctuary with no one to bother us.

A few of my photos of this exceptionally beautiful church are in
my archive at http://photos.bassburglaralarms.com/Salvador. Hope
some enjoy them as much as we enjoyed taking them.

Tchau,

Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com
--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

Old September 5th 05, 04:59 AM
Robert L Bass

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 22:54:13 -0300, "Duram"
wrote:

what are the links to others Brazilian recumbent?

I don't have a lot of Brazilian recumbent photos but here's one I
took today. This fellow happened along just as we were about to
entering the parking lot for a family get together at a local
restaurant.

I asked if we could take his picture and he obliged. He also
explained that there's a local shop that builds recumbents right
here in Salvador. Will wonders never cease? Since today is
Sunday (or at least it still was when I took the picture) we
didn't visit the shop yet. Hopefully I'll have time to go there
this week.

Anyway, here's the URL:
http://photos.bassburglaralarms.com/...ture%20003.jpg

A couple of hours later my wife and I watched the sunset over the
Bahia de Todos os Santos (Bay of All Saints). Here's a picture I
snapped:
http://photos.bassburglaralarms.com/...ture%20063.jpg

Enjoy...

Old September 5th 05, 02:36 PM
Johnny ReBike

On 4-Sep-2005, Robert L Bass wrote:

I've spotted several 'bent Brasilieros during the month and
something that we've been here. Yesterday this gent passed me
while I was waiting at a light. We passed him a few moments
later and managed to catch this shot as he glided along the
beachfront road.

The "thumbs up" is the Brazilian version of our "OK" sign which
has an altogether different meaning when used here. :^)

http://photos.bassburglaralarms.com/..._Recumbent.jpg

Johnny ReBike sez, looks like a cross between a Lightnin' P-38 and a Rans
V-rex. Should be much faster than a ReBike [Slowest Bike in the Known
Universe].

--
Johnny ReBike
ReBike - Slowest Bike in the Known Universe

Old September 5th 05, 07:32 PM
Robert L Bass

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:36:21 GMT, "Johnny ReBike"
wrote:

On 4-Sep-2005, Robert L Bass wrote:

I've spotted several 'bent Brasilieros during the month and
something that we've been here. Yesterday this gent passed me
while I was waiting at a light. We passed him a few moments
later and managed to catch this shot as he glided along the
beachfront road.

The "thumbs up" is the Brazilian version of our "OK" sign which
has an altogether different meaning when used here. :^)

http://photos.bassburglaralarms.com/..._Recumbent.jpg

Johnny ReBike sez, looks like a cross between a Lightnin' P-38 and a Rans
V-rex. Should be much faster than a ReBike [Slowest Bike in the Known
Universe].

I don't know how fast it is. Both local riders I've spoken to
weren't going fast. I have a RANS Vivo and it's fast enough for
me. The best I've done so far was 36 mph for a short distance.
Most of the time my riding is less than half that speed. :^)

Old September 7th 05, 08:18 PM
Robert L Bass

The store is called "Motobike"
The phone number is 3233-5324
Address: Rua Djalma Dultra Nº13, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Owner: Luis

When are you coming to Salvador? We'll be here until 24 Sep,
2005.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

Old September 9th 05, 01:16 AM
Robert L Bass

Kewl. We're going back to the US in a few weeks but we will be
returning in mid-January, 2006 for three more months in Salvador.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

summer, Jan 2006

Old September 9th 05, 01:37 AM
Sunset Fanatic

Robert L Bass wrote:
Kewl. We're going back to the US in a few weeks but we will be
returning in mid-January, 2006 for three more months in Salvador....

Robert Bass will be visiting his friends Jacob Ashbury, Frank Olson,
"Group Moderator" and Mark Leuck at the alt.security.alarms pow-wow.
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley