college uni clubs

Old January 29th 07, 06:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adambrody85

Default college uni clubs

I am trying to start a college uni club at UC Irvine with
Todd(onelesscar) and was seeing if anyone out there is either in one or
runs one and could give us some advice on how to get new members,
events you ran, and how you supplied unicycles. Anyone in the socal
area is welcome to come to our meetings and I will post when I know
when they will be.

--
adambrody85
adambrody85's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12462

Old January 31st 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adambrody85

Ok had anyone been in a college uni club or heard of one or is this the
first of its kind?

Old January 31st 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

adambrody85 wrote:
Ok had anyone been in a college uni club or heard of one or is this the
first of its kind?

there is one, i don't remember who it was that made it or tried to make
it, but i know they exist, even if not official
call UDC - they will know everything you seek
1800 unicycle
or call bedford, hes supposed to be cool.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"your mom\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old January 31st 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Portland State Muni Club
http://tinyurl.com/36ky5d

--
skilewis74

Old January 31st 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

Is there a juggling or circus society? At Nottingham (UK) where I live
and am usually at university, some of the unicyclists are part of
Jugglesoc. This is bigger than a unicycling society is and is a proper
SU society, so has enough money to buy a few cheap unicycles for people
to learn on.

Christchurch (NZ) where I am now has a unicycling society proper which
is linked to the university, you could email them (unisoc at hotmail )
and ask how it started,( I just turn up I don't know about that stuff).
The meetings tend to have jugglers at them too as there's a fair bit of
crossover between jugglers and unicyclists in general.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

Old January 31st 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
markf

the best way to get new members is to ride around and talk to interested
parties. have a place to practice during a specific meeting time each
week. and (here's the biggest thing that helped make the Iowa State
club popular) have unicycles people can take home with them for a few
weeks(at least) in exchange for paying dues/deposit/whatever. we got
funding from the student government for such things at ISU. hope that
helped

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa Bike Shop' (http://www.irwinsbikes.com)