WHOOPS! Eight-Year-Old Girl Dies in Frisco Mountain Bike Accident (TX)

Old August 3rd 13, 06:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default WHOOPS! Eight-Year-Old Girl Dies in Frisco Mountain Bike Accident (TX)

How many deaths do we need to incur, before we come to our senses?!

Mike

http://www.friscoenterprise.com/arti...e/news/231.txt

Girl dies in Frisco bicycle accident (updated)

Frisco police investigate the site where 8-year-old Kaylee Kampschroeder fell from her mountain bike in Northwest Community Park. Kaylee later died from internal injuries suffered in the accident. Photo courtesy of Paul Johns..

By Anthony Tosie, , @anthonytosie on Twitter

Published: Friday, August 2, 2013 8:52 AM CDT

Editor's Note: This article was originally published at 4:17 p.m. July 28. It has been updated to include additional information.

An 8-year-old girl died Saturday morning after a bicycle-related accident in a Frisco park near Lone Star High School.

Frisco fire and police units responded to the accident, which took place at Northwest Community Park, shortly after 9 a.m. The girl, identified by the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office as Kaylee Kampschroeder of Krugerville, was taken to Children's Medical Center of Dallas by CareFlite helicopter and was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Frisco police investigate the site where 8-year-old Kaylee Kampschroeder fell from her mountain bike in Northwest Community Park. Kaylee later died from internal injuries suffered in the accident. Photo courtesy of Paul Johns..

The medical examiner ruled Kaylee's death as accidental, caused by blunt force trauma from her fall, which damaged internal organs.

Authorities said Kaylee fell off her bike while riding on a trail in the park; she was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident. Online records indicate Kaylee had experience participating in a mountain bike championship event.

Pam Jackson, president of the Dallas Off-Road Bicycle Association, said she met Kaylee at a Christmas light bike ride in Plano in December 2011. Jackson rode with a group that included Kaylee's family, noting that the 8-year-old shared a passion for cycling with her parents.

"It is hard to lose any member of our mountain bike community, but losing a child hurts even more. Speaking for myself, I am heartbroken for Kerry, Michelle [Kaylee's father and mother] and the rest of their family," she said.. "From calls and comments made, I am sure the rest of the Dallas mountain biking community mourns the loss of Kaylee. My hearts and prayers go out to the Kampschroeder family and Kaylee's friends."

Jackson added that Kaylee's parents indicated their daughter had planned on competing in DORBA races later this year.

Kaylee attended elementary school in Aubrey, where friends encouraged others to wear a pink ribbon in her honor. Pink ribbons were also tied to multiple Northwest signs.

Northwest Community Park opened in October with 5 miles of hike-and-bike trails. The trails, designed for mountain bikes but also open to walkers and runners, were built and are maintained by DORBA, Shawnee Trail Cycling Club and Frisco Cycling Club.

The park's trails are separated into three loops, with the longest loop, described as "beginner friendly," measuring 2.5 miles in length. Two shorter loops include tighter turns and larger hills.

Northwest's trails were closed in the days following the accident, though a makeshift memorial was created where people placed flowers throughout the week. A prayer vigil was held Wednesday afternoon followed by a remembrance bike ride in Kaylee's honor.
Old August 3rd 13, 08:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

On Saturday, August 3, 2013 5:56:05 PM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

OMG. You can't be serious with this Mike. Judging by your logic should we also ban hiking in Alaska because numerous people have died while in the wilderness?

For a guy who proclaims to have a "PhD" and be an expert in mathematics your arguments are certainly extremely weak, almost child like in nature. If you were "smart" you would have compared the probability of dieing from mountain biking versus other outdoor activities such as hiking, 4 wheel driving or horse back riding and cited your sources of data.

You are certainly getting desperate with your arguments. Maybe father time is catching up with you?

Old August 4th 13, 04:01 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Saturday, August 3, 2013 12:10:17 AM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
[...]

An 8-year-old girl DIES, and al you can think of is STATISTICS?! You are truly sick.
Old August 5th 13, 12:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Posting news of death and injury to strangers, who have done you no harm, with the whimsical word "WHOOPS" is creepy and disturbing. Characterizing a child's death with the word "whoops" is just...awful.
Old August 5th 13, 12:21 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Sunday, August 4, 2013 4:11:46 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Posting news of death and injury to strangers, who have done you no harm,

What are you talking about?! Mountain bikers do us and our wildlife enormous harm. In this case, the adults are obviously at fault, for introducing a naïve young child to an extreme sport. I guarantee that no one told her she could DIE doing it.

with the whimsical word "WHOOPS" is creepy and disturbing. Characterizing a child's death with the word "whoops" is just...awful.

That's what one says when one has or witnesses an accident. It got your attention! So it's worthwhile. If you are more concerned about word usage than the poor girls DEATH, you are truly sick!
Old August 5th 13, 01:42 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

On Monday, August 5, 2013 11:21:29 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sunday, August 4, 2013 4:11:46 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Posting news of death and injury to strangers, who have done you no harm,

What are you talking about?! Mountain bikers do us and our wildlife enormous harm. In this case, the adults are obviously at fault, for introducing a naïve young child to an extreme sport. I guarantee that no one told her she could DIE doing it.

with the whimsical word "WHOOPS" is creepy and disturbing. Characterizing a child's death with the word "whoops" is just...awful.

That's what one says when one has or witnesses an accident. It got your attention! So it's worthwhile. If you are more concerned about word usage than the poor girls DEATH, you are truly sick!

It got attention alright Vandeman. The attention you managed to gather was around your mental instability. Foolish man.
Old August 5th 13, 01:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

On Monday, August 5, 2013 11:21:29 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sunday, August 4, 2013 4:11:46 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Posting news of death and injury to strangers, who have done you no harm,

What are you talking about?! Mountain bikers do us and our wildlife enormous harm. In this case, the adults are obviously at fault, for introducing a naïve young child to an extreme sport. I guarantee that no one told her she could DIE doing it.

with the whimsical word "WHOOPS" is creepy and disturbing. Characterizing a child's death with the word "whoops" is just...awful.

That's what one says when one has or witnesses an accident. It got your attention! So it's worthwhile. If you are more concerned about word usage than the poor girls DEATH, you are truly sick!

And secondly the attention you gathered has been extremely limited to one very obscure group on google. Out of a population of 7 billion people the article has been read by 7 people (or 0.0000001%). Poor logic, poor marketing......You have not added any value in posting crap like this.
Old August 5th 13, 01:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

On Monday, August 5, 2013 3:01:31 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

Yet another poorly thought out response - I am not the one who celebrates deaths like you nor do I posts the word "whoops" before an article about a child dying. You may think you are smart posting crap like this but you only achieve one thing - to highlight to the rest of the world you are irrational and mentally ill. Sicko.......
Old August 5th 13, 02:07 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

If you don't think your views are socially unacceptable - post a video on youtube in response to this story and start your commentary with the word "whoops" in it. I suspect you don't have the balls to do this!!!!!

Old August 5th 13, 04:38 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Sunday, August 4, 2013 6:07:14 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
If you don't think your views are socially unacceptable - post a video on youtube in response to this story and start your commentary with the word "whoops" in it. I suspect you don't have the balls to do this!!!!!

"WHOOPS" is the indicator that a horrific mountain biking accident is about to be discussed. So it's a public service that I provide.