"Choosing Lights for Your Bicycle: Ten No-Compromise Requirements"article

Old August 31st 13, 06:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default "Choosing Lights for Your Bicycle: Ten No-CompromiseRequirements" article

IF THE LIGHTING IS STRONG ENOUGH TO KILL SMALL NOCTURNAL ANIMALS THEN ITS SAFE.
Old August 31st 13, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

On 8/31/2013 12:04 AM, datakoll wrote:
IF THE LIGHTING IS STRONG ENOUGH TO KILL SMALL NOCTURNAL ANIMALS THEN ITS SAFE.

IF THE LIGHTING IS STRONG ENOUGH TO VAPORIZE LUXURY SUVS THEN IT IS SAFE.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old September 1st 13, 05:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 9/1/2013 6:49 AM, Andreas Oehler wrote:
Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:52:18 -0700, sms:

One option is to install a hub dynamo and use it to keep some LiPo
batteries charged.

http://www.thinkbiologic.com/products/reecharge-power-pack
http://www.thinkbiologic.com/products/reecharge-dynamo-kit-micro-usb-cable

Why does an "expert" like you recommend the weakest and least efficient
dynamo-USB-adapter on the market and does not mention the differences
between the two versions?

I made no claim that one is better than the other. I've actually seen
and experimented with the Biologic device, I've never seen your
company's device anywhere, and since your company doesn't exhibit at
Interbike I doubt if I ever will. This is understandable since the North
American market for your products is so small, but by the same token
maybe doing some marketing for North America would be a good idea. Your
company exhibits at Eurobike, maybe it's time to crack the North
American market.

Your company's product is a more complex device, requiring two
components, the E-WERK and the separate cache battery. It's also much
more expensive. From Peter White, the two pieces cost about $290. The
Biologic device has a street price of $90.

I'm perfectly happy to review your product. I can send you an address
where you can send me a sample.

Old September 2nd 13, 01:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan

Andreas Oehler writes:

Sat, 24 Aug 2013 19:54:43 -0700, Dan:

Frank Krygowski writes:

On Saturday, August 24, 2013 6:40:45 PM UTC-4, Phil W Lee wrote:
Dan considered Fri, 23 Aug 2013 17:02:21

I don't believe there is any such thing as "Euro-standard".

http://www.en-standard.eu/din-33958-...n-und-dynamos/

Seems like acknowledgement that there is no EN standard, but here's
the DIN if you're interested enough to shell out _a hundred and
twenty-five bucks_, and then try to interpret it.

Old September 2nd 13, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 9/2/2013 2:00 PM, Andreas Oehler wrote:
Sun, 01 Sep 2013 09:20:10 -0700, sms:

On 9/1/2013 6:49 AM, Andreas Oehler wrote:
Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:52:18 -0700, sms:

One option is to install a hub dynamo and use it to keep some LiPo
batteries charged.

http://www.thinkbiologic.com/products/reecharge-power-pack
http://www.thinkbiologic.com/products/reecharge-dynamo-kit-micro-usb-cable

Why does an "expert" like you recommend the weakest and least efficient
dynamo-USB-adapter on the market and does not mention the differences
between the two versions?

I made no claim that one is better than the other. I've actually seen
and experimented with the Biologic device, I've never seen your
company's device anywhere, and since your company doesn't exhibit at
Interbike I doubt if I ever will.

I wrote some articles comparing dynamo-USB-adapters. Schmidt Maschinenbau
does not offer such devices.

I'm perfectly happy to review your product.

I don't know exactly of what product you are talking. I am using a cheap
and easy circuit like this: http://fahrradzukunft.de/12/minimal-lader/
Try it out!

Sorry, I thought you worked for B&M, not Schmidt. My mistake.

Old September 3rd 13, 10:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 03/09/13 07:00, Andreas Oehler wrote:
[...]

My review of the earlier "Reecharge":
http://fahrradzukunft.de/12/steckdose-unterwegs-2/

There's a bit more to a useful USB charger than a stable voltage supply.
Many USB devices sense the type of charger they are connected to
through the use of resistors in the charger to bias the data lines.

An iPad for example, might only trickle charge if the data lines are
left open, expecting it's plugged in to an un-powered hub with minimum
power supply capability.

--
JS