So, what happened to Mikey V.

Old February 17th 11, 04:29 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Opus[_2_]

Default So, what happened to Mikey "Handsaw" V?

On Jan 25, 12:38*am, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
some stuff

Again I looked for Mikey News and found none, just a note that he's
"Pending trial" with a past-due date. Any updates from those on the
scene? Also I'm looking for something I can attribute for a quote in
my news blog about the trial.
Old February 17th 11, 05:23 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
SMS

$southslope.net" wrote:
some stuff

Again I looked for Mikey News and found none, just a note that he's
"Pending trial" with a past-due date. Any updates from those on the
scene? Also I'm looking for something I can attribute for a quote in
my news blog about the trial.

It was a mistrial.

http://peterfrickwright.com/trial/

So now they start over, but the case goes to the back of the line, so it
could be a while.

What was interesting is that it was finally revealed that the defendant
was offered a plea bargain of 120 days in jail and he turned it down.

On the surface it seems like an open and shut case since no one seems to
be denying that the attack took place. But just one sympathetic juror
who believes that the attack was provoked by the mountain bikers riding
on a road signed for no bicycles could cause another mistrial. After a
few mistrials the D.A. will give up.
Old February 17th 11, 06:46 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bruce Jensen

$southslope.net" *wrote:
[...]

I like the part about shoving a shank into the tire. The biker
deserved that much, if for no other reason than being an arrogant
asshole scofflaw.
Old February 18th 11, 01:33 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message

$southslope.net" wrote:
[...]

This whole affair is nothing but a tempest in a teapot. Just to know any
single mountain biker is to detest the entire species. Bruce Jenson is
finally coming around to a correct appraisal of the situation. After all, he
tells us he does NOT drive his jeep off-road, only on roads however
primitive that already exist. He is to be credited with that much common
sense at least.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old February 18th 11, 03:49 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 2/17/2011 6:33 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bruce wrote in message
On Feb 17, 8:23 am, wrote:
On 2/17/2011 7:29 AM, Opus wrote:

On Jan 25, 12:38 am, T�m Sherm�n� �_�""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
[...]

Hey Ed, I think you are confusing Bruce Jensen and Jeff Strickland.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old February 18th 11, 05:01 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
"Bruce wrote in message

$southslope.net" wrote:
[...]

I have to laugh! Mr. Sherman is absolutely correct. That is what I like most
about him. He has a memory for what is said on these forums like no one
else. He is truly a repository of lore for these cycling newsgroups.

I have never known Bruce Jensen to be anything but an asshole, but his
remark about mountain bikers being asshole scofflaws led me astray
momentarily.

Old February 18th 11, 04:26 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Opus[_2_]

On Feb 17, 10:23*am, SMS wrote:
On 2/17/2011 7:29 AM, Opus wrote:
[...]

Eventually Mikey's going to run out of money to pay his lawyer. I
think after the second trial so long as he isn't acquitted he will
take the 120 day plea bargain.
Old February 18th 11, 05:09 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bruce Jensen

"T m Sherm nT _ " " wrote in

"Bruce *wrote in message

$southslope.net" *wrote:
[...]

Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota- Hide quoted text -

Ed Dolan is STILL a 'tard! :-D
Old February 18th 11, 05:10 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bruce Jensen

"Bruce *wrote in message

$southslope.net" *wrote:
[...]

I am a vehicular cyclist.- Hide quoted text -

Ed Dolan confuses himself with a human.
Old February 18th 11, 06:10 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
SMS

On 2/18/2011 7:26 AM, Opus wrote:

Eventually Mikey's going to run out of money to pay his lawyer. I
think after the second trial so long as he isn't acquitted he will
take the 120 day plea bargain.

If he's found guilty then he doesn't get to take the plea bargain. If
it's another mistrial or a hung jury then he's got to hope that the DA
tires of the case and doesn't keep trying for a conviction. I think the
potential for a hung jury is pretty high because the defense only needs
to get one bicycle-hater on the jury.

In any event he's really already lost because a) UC can still ban him
from their land no matter what the outcome of the trial (Strawberry
Canyon and the East-West fire road where the incident took place), b)
he's spent a lot of money on lawyer fees, and c) he's already spent some
time in jail, and that jail is a very unpleasant place.

He's certainly learned his lesson and will not repeat the (alleged)
behavior that got him into all this trouble. Let's be happy for that.

There you go Mikey... Westie Mountain Biking 0 February 25th 10 11:39 PM
hi mikey crap di Mountain Biking 2 August 2nd 06 11:12 PM
Mikey Bot Brian Sanderson Social Issues 1 December 1st 05 12:18 AM
Mikey is a Dude! SuperG Mountain Biking 0 May 27th 05 05:06 PM
Mikey is Speaking doublenatural Mountain Biking 10 May 10th 05 07:29 AM