Vandeman calls mountain bikers "liars" and "criminals" then surprised by hate mail!

Old May 29th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Vandeman calls mountain bikers "liars" and "criminals" then surprised by hate mail!

Edward Dolan wrote:

"S Curtiss" wrote in message
Does anyone else hear a gnat...?

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:kLWdnR_RVJ1GQurZnZ2dnUVZ_vGdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...
I have gathered from your woeful lack of intelligence that you only read
junk science research which purports to show that biking and hiking are
one and the same thing - when any fool knows they are vastly different.

...as opposed to junk science research which purports to show only that
biking is more harmful than hiking....?
Since you and MV are proclaiming the differences, it looks as if you are
also the "fool" you reference.

Mountain bikers are into nothing but fun and games. Hikers are
philosophers who are into deep thinking about humankind and the universe.
They certainly do not belong on the same trails together.

Dolan,
Do you have a single brain cell that isn't confused by it's own delusion of
greatness?
I ride to the mountains just to enjoy the isolation and sounds of nature,
not traffic.
Bill Baka

Curtiss, I urge you to get to a library and read something that was
written several hundred years ago. Most of what is presently being
written today is not good for you and will rot your brain. I suggest
you begin with Shakespeare and work your way up to the end of the 19th
century. Anything written after 1900 is not good for you and will make
you even worse than you already are. I plead with you to get some
culture and to give up your slob mountain biking ways.

So now the great "Conan the Librarian" is pleading....? I don't need
Shakespeare to read a tragedy - I can do that by looking at Vandeman's
webpage.

PS. Be sure to get to work right away writing the definitive history of
the impact of mountain biking on the modern world.

At least it would be more entertaining than reading the one-word history
of the impact of Dolan on the modern world. (Dolan=Null)
No thanks - I believe I would rather ride and experience it first hand...

Personal experience is only worth so much. It has to be checked against
the experience of many others. Those who write books have generally
thought about a subject quite extensively. Do less riding and more writing
and maybe you will get clearer in your mind about what matters in this
world. I assure you that mountain biking matters hardly at all whereas
what the Great Ed Dolan thinks matters enormously.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka