Vuelta-a-Espana stage 16 summary

Old September 12th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Vuelta-a-Espana stage 16 summary

Changes in stage 16 compared to stage 15

Biggest gainers by position :
+28 José Antonio Redondo
+21 Kurt-Asle Arvesen
+17 Ińigo Landaluze
+15 Jean-Patrick Nazon
+15 Francisco José Ventoso
+14 Sebastian Siedler
+14 Oscar Pereiro
+14 Mads Kaggestad
+14 Fabien Patanchon
+14 Enrico Poitschke

Biggest losers by position :
-11 Carlos Barredo
-10 Iban Mayo
-8 Pieter Mertens
-8 Thor Hushovd
-7 Janez Brajkovic
-7 Matteo Carrara
-7 Steve Morabito
-6 Ryder Hesjedal
-5 David Loosli
-5 Eric Leblacher
-5 Laszlo Bodrogi

Biggest gainers by time :
+0:31 Igor Anton

Biggest losers by time :
-25:16 Mario De Sarraga
-23:26 Heinrich Haussler
-23:26 Robert Förster
-21:09 Bastiaan Giling
-20:59 Fred Rodriguez
-20:59 Pieter Weening
-20:49 Addy Engels
-20:49 Alberto Ongarato
-20:49 Alexandre Usov
-20:49 Assan Bazayev
-20:49 Aurélien Clerc

Favourites by position :
+14 Oscar Pereiro
+8 Pietro Caucchioli
+5 Ińigo Cuesta
+5 Daniele Nardello
+3 Manuel Beltran
+3 Haimar Zubeldia
+3 Dario David Cioni
+2 Samuel Sánchez
+2 Leonardo Piepoli
+2 Alexandre Vinokourov
+1 Danilo Di Luca
-1 Vladimir Karpets
-2 Vladimir Gusev
-2 Andrey Kashechkin
-4 Michael Rasmussen
-10 Iban Mayo

Favourites by time :
-0:04 Alexandre Vinokourov
-0:12 Samuel Sánchez
-0:17 Carlos Sastre
-0:31 Manuel Beltran
-1:08 Danilo Di Luca
-1:17 Andrey Kashechkin
-2:00 Vladimir Karpets
-2:00 Pietro Caucchioli
-2:00 Leonardo Piepoli
-2:00 José Ange Gomez Marchante
-4:15 Oscar Pereiro
-4:19 Ińigo Cuesta
-5:45 Haimar Zubeldia
-5:45 Dario David Cioni
-11:29 Vladimir Gusev
-14:54 Daniele Nardello
-18:55 Iban Mayo
-20:23 Michael Rasmussen

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alejandro Valverde 63.18.16
2 Alexandre Vinokourov 1.42
3 Carlos Sastre 1.42
4 Andrey Kashechkin 2.05
5 José Ange Gomez Marchante 4.23
6 Manuel Beltran 5.34
7 Danilo Di Luca 5.56
8 Vladimir Karpets 6.29
9 Samuel Sánchez 7.53
17 Leonardo Piepoli 13.15
25 Vladimir Gusev 25.19
28 Ińigo Cuesta 30.45
30 Pietro Caucchioli 33.11
34 Dario David Cioni 35.27
37 Iban Mayo 37.26
41 Haimar Zubeldia 43.32
46 Oscar Pereiro 53.49
54 Daniele Nardello 1.03.19
58 Michael Rasmussen 1.06.51

Retirements to date :
AG2R Prevoyance Cyril Dessel DNS 16
Astana Team Luis León Sánchez DNF 11
Bouygues Telecom Anthony Geslin DNF 16
" Christophe Kern DNF 11
" Jérôme Pineau DNF 11
" Mathieu Claude DNF 9
" Rony Martias DNF 10
" Xavier Florencio DNS 16
Cofidis, le Credit par Telephone Hervé Duclos-Lassalle DNF 11
Credit Agricole Anthony Charteau DNF 10
" Mark Renshaw DNF 16
Davitamon-Lotto Josep Jufre DNF 8
" Robbie Mcewen
" Wim De Vocht DNF 9
Euskaltel-Euskadi Inaki Isasi DNF 9
Française des Jeux Bernhard Eisel DNS 16
" Christophe Detilloux
" Freddy Bichot
" Frédéric Finot
Gerolsteiner Andrea Moletta DNF 12
" Davide Rebellin DNS 15
" Marcel Strauss DNS 10
" Markus Fothen DNF 12
" René Haselbacher DNS 16
" Sven Montgomery DNF 12
Lampre-Fondital Danilo Napolitano DNF 16
" Marco Marzano DNF 8
" Ruggero Marzoli DNS 15
Liquigas Charles Wegelius DNF 5
" Luca Paolini DNS 16
Phonak Hearing Systems Miguel A. Martín Perdiguero DNF 5
" Nicolas Jalabert DNF 9
" Steve Zampieri DNF 7
Rabobank Denis Menchov DNS 11
" Michael Boogerd DNS 16
Relax-Gam Jesús Hernández DNF 16
" Nacor Burgos DNF 16
Saunier Duval-Prodir Juan José Cobo DNF 9
" Ángel Gómez Gómez DNF 12
T-Mobile Team André Greipel DNF 9
" André Korff DNS 5
" Bernhard Kohl DNF 9
" Lorenzo Bernucci DNS 13
" Thomas Ziegler DNF 9
Team CSC Fabian Cancellara DNS 16
Team Milram Alessandro Petacchi DNS 16
" Volodymyr Dyudya
Total retirements : 47

Old September 12th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message , Bob Martin
') wrote:

Changes in stage 16 compared to stage 15

Brilliant rides by Igor Anton and Redondo.

Congratulations to the Scottish Tourist Board for sponsoring the weather -
if we can't get one of the Grand Tours to come to Scotland, at least we
can export Scottish weather to give the pro peloton a taste of the
delights they'd experience if they did come... Shame David Millar couldn't
take advantage of it.

More seriously, did one of the Caise d'Epargne/Iles Balears bikes have an
SRAM groupset on today? I caught a glimpse of levers that definitely
weren't Shimano and didn't look like Campag.

'there are no solutions, only precipitates'

Old September 12th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Simon Brooke schreef:
More seriously, did one of the Caise d'Epargne/Iles Balears bikes have an
SRAM groupset on today? I caught a glimpse of levers that definitely
weren't Shimano and didn't look like Campag.

Dunno. But Kodak/Sierra Nevada does have them:
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos...06/sanraf1.jpg

--
E. Dronkert
Old September 12th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Simon Brooke schreef:
More seriously, did one of the Caise d'Epargne/Iles Balears bikes have an
SRAM groupset on today? I caught a glimpse of levers that definitely
weren't Shimano and didn't look like Campag.

Dunno. But Kodak/Sierra Nevada does have them:
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos...06/sanraf1.jpg

--
E. Dronkert

What a great battle between Vino and Valverde. Vino kept trying to
distance himself but Valverde had an answer each time. With every
attack they dropped the other riders immediately: Danielson, Devolder,
Sastre, Sanchez etc. Vino finally gave up towards the end, realizing it
wasn't going to happen today.

Andre