Tire Wear

Old July 9th 03, 02:02 PM
AndresMuro

Default Tire Wear

Besides the obvious--cuts or gashes, threads showing--what do you
generally check to tell when it's time to replace a tire? Thanks.

When you start getting too many flats. I usually use tires until the rubber is
almost all gone, and you start seeing the white part. Check to see that cuts
don't go throught the tire. If they do, get some power bar wrapping, or a piece
of a plastic cup and boot the tire. This works great. Always make sure that the
casing holds the tube in the tire and the tire has no deformatinons from the
tube pushing through the casing. If that happens you need to reinforce that
section or get rid of the tire.

Andres

Tire damage Roger Zoul General 0 May 4th 04 10:27 PM
Bizzare Tire Wear Tony General 11 February 17th 04 01:45 PM
Flat Tire Repair Question from MB Newbie Sorni Mountain Biking 43 August 29th 03 01:14 PM
Q. Will I benefit from different tire size or type? Joe Samangitak General 15 August 8th 03 03:38 AM
Tire Wear David L. Johnson General 7 July 15th 03 04:44 PM