mobile phone jammers

Old December 4th 07, 12:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

Default mobile phone jammers

On 2007-12-03, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
Terryc wrote:
Meeba wrote:

But not good as they block emergency vehicle transmissions.......

AFAIK emergency vehicles do not reply on mobile telephones.

Wrong again Terry. Our fire vehicles have an inbuilt hands-free mobile
phone. Put there by FESA.

Wow. You get that much coverage? It'd be utterly useless with our
RFS.

That ******* communication authority wouldn't allow us to renew our
VHF license when the beancounters let it laps a few month. VHF was
the only practical and reliable means of contacting all the techs for
the entire duration of their trip home. But UHF is the way of the
future, man. Like 3G. And those 3G aerials on cars are such fashion
statements.

--
TimC
It typically takes 25-30 gallons of petrol/diesel to fully-consume an
Old December 4th 07, 10:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
tim

On Dec 2, 9:20 pm, Meeba
wrote:
Secretly ld love one of those battery operated ones to flick on when l
see drivers on the phone!

A driver ON the phone is far less dangerous than a driver looking at
the phone, pushing buttons, trying to work out why his call just
dropped out.

Maybe you could work out something (with frequency Doppler-shift? :-
P ), so it doesn't do anything unless the offending phone is moving
away from the jammer. That way you could be pretty sure the resulting
distracted driver doesn't run you over.

tim

Old December 5th 07, 12:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

On 2007-12-03, Theo Bekkers wrote

Wrong again Terry. Our fire vehicles have an inbuilt hands-free
mobile phone. Put there by FESA.

Wow. You get that much coverage? It'd be utterly useless with our
RFS.

Our local coverage is much better since we got 3G, especially with a vehicle
arial. We have a few hills and valleys and radio reception is iffy, when it
works at all. The phone is used for personal messages and stuff like
'someone is injured'.

Theo

Old December 5th 07, 12:14 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Meeba[_13_]

A driver ON the phone is far less dangerous than a driver looking at
the phone, pushing buttons, trying to work out why his call just
dropped out.

tim
l dont know how they work ,
but l figured if it was in my pocket and lm moving ,ld have a buffer zone
of phoneless area of whatever distance it reaches

--
Meeba