Anti-social behaviour

Old May 26th 05, 06:27 PM
Danny Colyer

Default Anti-social behaviour

Nice to see some recognition of the worst forms of anti-social behaviour:
URL:http://www.crimereduction.gov.uk/antisocialbehaviour43.htm

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/
Old May 26th 05, 06:45 PM
elyob

"Danny Colyer" wrote in message
Nice to see some recognition of the worst forms of anti-social behaviour:
URL:http://www.crimereduction.gov.uk/antisocialbehaviour43.htm

Am amazed cycling on pavements without lights isn't at #1 ...

The council have just introduced a 20mph zone a few yards from me. They've
put up these 'this is your speed - or ' type signs. I don't think I've
seen one car go through at 20mph or less yet. Normally about 28mph - 30mph
.... Shame they haven't decided to enforce it for a while with a speed cam.

Old May 26th 05, 07:29 PM
Tilly

On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:45:15 GMT, "elyob"
wrote:

"Danny Colyer" wrote in message
Nice to see some recognition of the worst forms of anti-social behaviour:
URL:http://www.crimereduction.gov.uk/antisocialbehaviour43.htm

Am amazed cycling on pavements without lights isn't at #1 ...

The council have just introduced a 20mph zone a few yards from me. They've
put up these 'this is your speed - or ' type signs. I don't think I've
seen one car go through at 20mph or less yet. Normally about 28mph - 30mph
... Shame they haven't decided to enforce it for a while with a speed cam.

With a bit of luck, GPS tracking will soon put a stop to this menace
to society.
Old May 26th 05, 07:40 PM
Colin McKenzie

elyob wrote:
The council have just introduced a 20mph zone a few yards from me. They've
put up these 'this is your speed - or ' type signs. I don't think I've
seen one car go through at 20mph or less yet. Normally about 28mph - 30mph
... Shame they haven't decided to enforce it for a while with a speed cam.

Didn't you know? 20 limits are to get people to drive below 30. No-one
seriously expects them to be observed, except by low/old cars right at
the speed bumps.

Colin McKenzie

Old May 26th 05, 08:02 PM
Al C-F

On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:27:36 +0100, Danny Colyer
wrote:

Nice to see some recognition of the worst forms of anti-social behaviour:
URL:http://www.crimereduction.gov.uk/antisocialbehaviour43.htm

Cycling on the pavement seems to have been missed out...
Old May 26th 05, 08:27 PM
Robert Bruce

Roedd Danny Colyer wedi ysgrifennu:

Nice to see some recognition of the worst forms of anti-social
behaviour:
URL:http://www.crimereduction.gov.uk/ant...ehaviour43.htm

Using Countryside Alliance methodology (i.e. adding together all figures
that are convenient) it can be calculated that 89% of the poulation find
cars to be antisocial.

On a serious note, 'Teenagers hanging around'; the poor buggers are on a
looser before they've even done anything, aren't they?

--
Rob

http://www.asta51.dsl.pipex.com/webcam/

Old May 26th 05, 10:48 PM
Tilly

On Thu, 26 May 2005 20:27:27 +0100, "Robert Bruce"
rob@analytical-dynamicsdotcodotukay wrote:

Roedd Danny Colyer wedi ysgrifennu:

Nice to see some recognition of the worst forms of anti-social
behaviour:
URL:http://www.crimereduction.gov.uk/ant...ehaviour43.htm

Using Countryside Alliance methodology (i.e. adding together all figures
that are convenient) it can be calculated that 89% of the poulation find
cars to be antisocial.

On a serious note, 'Teenagers hanging around'; the poor buggers are on a
looser before they've even done anything, aren't they?

It seems a bit harsh. Where are they supposed to go? Banned from
pubs, now banned from hanging out.

I suppose they could slob out playing their play stations.
Old May 26th 05, 11:22 PM
Danny Colyer

Robert Bruce wrote:
On a serious note, 'Teenagers hanging around'; the poor buggers are on a
looser before they've even done anything, aren't they?

There's a story in the news about a 15yo taking Richmond Council to
court for imposing a curfew on under-16s, which he claims breaches his
human rights:
URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4580305.stm

Good luck to him.

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/
Old May 26th 05, 11:25 PM
Andy Morris

Tilly wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2005 20:27:27 +0100, "Robert Bruce"
rob@analytical-dynamicsdotcodotukay wrote:

Roedd Danny Colyer wedi ysgrifennu:

On a serious note, 'Teenagers hanging around'; the poor buggers are
on a looser before they've even done anything, aren't they?

It seems a bit harsh. Where are they supposed to go? Banned from
pubs, now banned from hanging out.

I suppose they could slob out playing their play stations.

Wasn't there a time when cycling clubs allowed young people to join?

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

Love this:

Old May 26th 05, 11:38 PM
Tilly

On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:22:43 +0100, Danny Colyer
wrote:

There's a story in the news about a 15yo taking Richmond Council to
court for imposing a curfew on under-16s, which he claims breaches his
human rights:
URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4580305.stm

It does seem a bit harsh to punish someone when no offence has been
committed.