Metric? Or, standard?

Old October 8th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
[email protected][_2_]

Default Metric? Or, standard?

Hello,

When you cyclists go for rides, what unit of measurement do you use?
Kilometers or miles?

Personally, for me, kilometers are much easier to comprehend because
the units are always divisible by ten. For example, when you've biked
a Kilometer, you know that you've gone 1000 meters.

Go metric,
Cullen
Appleton, WI
Old October 8th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Cullen Carter wrote:

When you go for rides, what unit of measurement do you use?
Kilometers or miles?

For me, kilometers are much easier to comprehend because the units
are always divisible by ten. For example, when you've biked a
Kilometer, you know that you've gone 1000 meters.

With road signs and other markers, using the same units is convenient,
so I use miles in regions where they are commonly used and kilometers
where they are the local units.

I let the cyclometer do the required arithmetic for averages and
totals. I'm not interested in keeping a log nook of my
"accomplishments" but rather write a report of what I saw and
experienced.

Typical:

http://www.trentobike.org/Countries/...r_of_the_Alps/

http://www.bicyclinglife.com/Recreat...erraSpring.htm

Jobst Brandt
Old October 9th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Ron Wallenfang

*http://www.trentobike.org/Countries/.../Tour_of_the_A....

*http://www.bicyclinglife.com/Recreat...erraSpring.htm

Jobst Brandt

Jobst, I think your accomplishments do shine through your reports, not
least your observational accomplishments; I never seem to see the
amount of flora and fauna you report!

On the topic, I always set my odometer and record in miles, but have
no better reason to offer than force of habit.
Old October 9th 08, 04:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Chuck Anderson

wrote:
Hello,

When you cyclists go for rides, what unit of measurement do you use?
Kilometers or miles?

"When in Rome ..... "

--
*****************************
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO

Old October 13th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
bluezfolk

On Oct 8, 4:56*pm, " wrote:
Hello,

When you cyclists go for rides, what unit of measurement do you use?
Kilometers or miles?

Personally, for me, kilometers are much easier to comprehend because
the units are always divisible by ten. For example, when you've biked
a Kilometer, you know that you've gone 1000 meters.

Go metric,
Cullen
Appleton, WI

Despite my thinking that the metric system is so much more logical and
easier to convert distances, I for some reason always use miles.

Eric
Old October 13th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Alex Colvin

When you cyclists go for rides, what unit of measurement do you use?
Kilometers or miles?

Calories!
--
mac the naïf
Old October 13th 08, 08:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Guy Anderson, Sr.

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 16:50:36 -0700 (PDT), bluezfolk
wrote:

On Oct 8, 4:56*pm, " wrote:
Hello,

When you cyclists go for rides, what unit of measurement do you use?
Kilometers or miles?

When in Rome.......etc.
Old October 13th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

On Oct 8, 5:56*pm, " wrote:
Hello,

When you cyclists go for rides, what unit of measurement do you use?
Kilometers or miles?

Personally, for me, kilometers are much easier to comprehend because
the units are always divisible by ten. For example, when you've biked
a Kilometer, you know that you've gone 1000 meters.

Go metric,
Cullen
Appleton, WI

Local measurements, to use local signs.
Then log on http://www.bikejournal.com/ and http://www.plus3network.com/

Metric Century! Sam R. Australia 3 February 5th 07 03:58 AM
Metric Century Julesh UK 0 June 25th 06 07:38 PM
Metric Century garryb59 UK 0 June 23rd 06 05:04 PM
Metric Century Ambrose Nankivell UK 0 June 23rd 06 03:19 PM
One Standard for Jews...a Different Standard for the Rest of Us nitrous Racing 0 January 13th 05 05:55 AM